Our valued sponsor

I tried opening a US business account in 18 EMIs, here's the result

Some other neo banks that I didn't see mentioned in this thread:

Highbeam | Banking that helps brand owners make smarter decisions (Especially for people who are in the e-commerce business)

By far, the best option for me is Mercury. The customer service is exceptional and the app and website are great. The only disadvantage I see is the lack of multi-currency support.

Wise is a nice option too. I use it to pay to different freelancers around the world but the main problem is that it doesn't give any debit card to non-US residents, only virtual cards.

Payoneer has been good to me too, but they charge $1.50 per ACH transfer.

By the way, I would like to try Airwallex, but they declined my application. I wonder if there is any option to appeal or try to open it again.

Cheers.

Reactions: janet25 and jafo
I have a US LLC, am non-resident in the US, and signed up to 18 different EMIs.

This is the result after a week:
  1. 3S Money - Asked for $20 to process my application + it charges $100 a month for having the account open
  2. Airwallex - Approved
  3. Brex - Rejected because I have no venture capital (startup focused apparently)
  4. Currenxie - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  5. Juni.co - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  6. Mercury - Application still pending
  7. Novel - Application still pending
  8. Payoneer - Wants the withdrawal account to be in the LLCs name (no point having the account then)
  9. Paypal - Doesn't offer services to US businesses to non-residents
  10. Paysera - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  11. Payset - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  12. Relay - Won't accept my proof of address because it's not in english. Support doesn't answer through e-mail
  13. Revolut - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  14. Satchel - Asked way too many questions about where funds would come from, how much and where they would go to before even opening the account
  15. Stratys - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  16. VertoFX - Application still pending
  17. Wallter - Asked for 500 EUR to open the account
  18. Wise - Approved
Hopefully this helps others in the future.
status update on successful opened bank accounts please?

Reactions: jafo
I have a positive experience with Mercury, Airwallex and Bancoli, which seems to not be mentioned on this list.

It is good to see an informative post like this.

Bancoli says the operator is Arative. This is a holding company for other services like Relabe, which provides payment services for advertising. Bancoli is backed by Olibank (You can see the similarity in the name too). This institution is a Puerto Rican IFE, that is owned by the same people. Bancoli also has some banking partners for SGD and MXN details. They are using government notes at $125M limits per account. They are not FDIC, but this looks like a solution that is even better.

Mercury is obviously reliable. It is around for a long-time. Reliable transfers, simple opening. 6-figures without any hiccups or questions.

Airwallex has so many banking partners which is interesting for global business. They are well regulated and also fall under FDIC in the US through Evolve Bank (same as Mercury).

The US is not a great jurisdiction, and I have not used it for business in some time. I like this approach to EMI-equivalents though, where there is bank backing and the accounts can still be insured.

By the way, I would like to try Airwallex, but they declined my application. I wonder if there is any option to appeal or try to open it again.
I am not sure about Airwallex; if you go trough airwallex.com for my experience all is more complicated, and with a level at today of only 25% of application approved. But using Airwallex.hk was always more ease, quick and with very high level of application approved. But this is only my experience.

Latest Threads