Our valued sponsor

IBAN for Estonian company

twee

Aug 16, 2019
web city
Visit site
Hi guys,

I need account with IBAN for my estonian company. I'm searching for solution.

Can anybody explain me about international transfers for accounts opened in EMI (for example ePayments, Paxum, Paysera, Revolut, etc)?
Can I receive/send payments from/to US for example or it works only for Europe?
Representavies of EMIs tell me absolutely different things about international payments.

Please help me

Thank you!

Whats wrong with using Transferwise? Even LHV use Transferwise to make international payments.

However payments from/to US is always going to be a problem wherever you go.

Thank you for answers

I'm not EU resident and my business is IT/Media, so thats why I have a lot of rejects from banks and spent a lot of money. And now I want to use EMI for send/receive money and I need international payment solution.

Mauritius

Nice country thu&¤# Very odd decision they took. Hummm maybe they have a blanket ban on Africa other than South Africa which is quite common.

Whats wrong with using Transferwise? Even LHV use Transferwise to make international payments.

However payments from/to US is always going to be a problem wherever you go.

EMIs are a two-tiered compliance beasts. TW Borderless Account is especially bad due to their global reach.

It's literally a chain of light bulbs where failure of one will fail the entire system.

1. The EMI, TW will monitor your payments and block the account if an AML alert is triggered.
2. TW has under-pinning payments infrastructure banks that also monitor payments and block the payments if an AML alert is triggered. If this happens, you must resolve each incident yourself by providing documentation. TW does not help with this. Meanwhile, your entire TW account remains blocked, including balances in other currencies. One more source opinion, more account freeze risk.
3. TW has more than 1 under-pinning bank. If let's say the provider of CAD or AUD infrastructure you never used decides that companies or individuals from specific jurisdictions should be scrutinized a little more, or booted altogether, you have your relationship at risk. Paranoia from an effectively un-related party imposes relationship risk and for this reason alone TW Borderless Account is unfit for any serious business.
4. TW also has a tightening "Acceptable Use Policy" which in substance means you must use their FX service as frequently as possible and make them money. If you do not do so, they will find a reason to boot you even if there's no real ML risk. We have seen more than one case of a low/med risk EU business getting booted by TW. We can't assume all users are telling the truth, but there are too many cases on this forum and elsewhere for this to be a coincidence.

TW Borderless Account sucks, but for occasional cross-border payments, it's okay to use them.

Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads