Our valued sponsor

Import German Car to Switzerland where car is financed?

clemens

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Jan 2, 2009
Spain
Visit site
I was stupid enough to buy a Mercedes in Germany back in time, the car is financed by Mercedes bank, now I consider to take the car with me into Switzerland, is that possible without to pay out the debt in the car?

Someone tried it or have any suggested on how to go about it? I wonder in getting it refinanced somehow.???

Well you need to let finance company know. It would now be cross border financing of the vehicle and also a move of the collateral (car) outside of the EU. They may however be ok with your move or in worse case cancel your finance agreement with all that entails.

How many years left? I would just keep the car in the EU and drive it in Switzerland.
About 2 - 3 years in Switzerland.

I already spoke with the dealer, he said you have to find a bank in CH and ask them to finance the car when it arrives in CH - if they will do it, that's a different story.

It is not a problem just from EU to non EU country they said, even inside EU country they can't do such cross boarder transactions :(

I just found this website:

I need to understand if you have no relatives what you are doing in this situation, lost game?

The finanzing company just told me as long as I have a German bank account (which they told me I can keep) from where I pay the monthly rate, and the car is registered in Germany all is good.

In the above link you can find this link - which is an Empfangsbevollmaechtigter form

As I said I have no family or relatives in Germany, so anyone has a clue on what to do with this address thing?

For a quick solution I would pay a fee :)

On a side note, if the car can stay registered in Germany I can drive it in Switzerland for at least a year and some report 2 and 5 years is also no problem.

You will never get financing in Switzerland the first year after you relocated there. It is by law permitted to receive a loan anywhere in Switzerland for people not have been there for more than a year!

• Wow
Reactions: jafo