Our valued sponsor

Question In your opinion, what kind of setup would suit me best?

I'm an Indian citizen born, brought up, and currently resident in the UAE. I need to set up a legal entity so I can receive money (through Paypal preferably) from:
  • Selling digital goods (books, wallpapers, art, games, music etc.) internationally on platforms like Ko-fi, Patreon, Vimeo, itch.io, Etsy etc. So (i think?) the platform would take care of the tax for different countries as I wouldn't be selling directly?
  • Selling personally made physical goods (merchandise, jewellery, card decks etc.) internationally also on third-party platforms/drop-shipping websites.
  • Occasional freelancing of the services I provide (animation, graphic design, copywriting, illustration, etc.) – nothing that requires a professional license. This can either be direct or sold through a platform like above.
  • Having patrons on Patreon who would have monthly subscriptions to me for behind-the-scenes content, extra digital content, etc.
  • Crowd-funding from websites like Kickstarter
i will mostly be working digitally but I would like to sell physical goods too. Everything will be run online through various social media accounts, no brick and mortar store. These are my questions:
  1. Which place of incorporation would be best for my company (single member LLC seems to be the best choice?)
    • Access to payment providers like Paypal and Stripe is important, as is reputation. So no traditional offshore places like Seychelles or the BVI.
    • For banking, I'm looking at Wise (formerly TransferWise). So easy opening of an account there is important.
    • I don't mind detailed bookkeeping and being audited but the less hassle the better.
  2. Which tax residency would best accompany the company set up?
    • I don't plan on travelling a lot and would like an established tax residency in a safe, stable, well-developed country where I can preferably obtain permanent residency and settle down.
    • I don't mind paying total (corporate+income) taxes up to 20ish%. I'd just like to avoid numbers like 30-40%...
  3. N00b Question Incoming: Where do I require business licenses from? Only from the place of incorporation or also place of residency?
    • For example, if I set up a Wyoming LLC but live in and make and sell my handmade ceramics from the UAE, will I be subject to all the licenses the UAE requires for that? Or are UAE licenses only for companies formed in the UAE?
I don't want to set up or have anything to do with the UAE because:
  • High annual license fees.
  • Severe restriction of the activities I can do with 100% ownership (eg: as a sole proprietor) as a non-GCC national.
  • Too many licenses – especially for media from the National Media Council. There's licenses for every single article of media created including games, books, etc. Hell, there's even a social media influencer license??? I don't want that much regulation or censorship over my artistic work.
  • I can't crowdfund!
  • Racism, classism, local vs. expat culture, no citizenship or permanent residency, desert environment etc. I hate living here and just want to leave.
  • etc. etc. etc.
So, the UAE is off the table, as is India.

Right now, I'm thinking of a Wyoming LLC with plans to reside perhaps in Europe (UK, France) or Singapore? Maybe even Australia or New Zealand? I don't know yet, I'm in the early stages of research and it's all a lot. That's why I'm here. I will be consulting professional company setup experts as well but I wanted to hear what all of you thought. I discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago and it's a goldmine. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and sharing and contributing your experience here.

Right now, I'm thinking of a Wyoming LLC with plans to reside perhaps in Europe (UK, France) or Singapore?
that's you best choice I believe. Wyoming or New Mexico some of the best places for your project and a company.

Reactions: shlslkdjf