Our valued sponsor

Incorporating my Offshore in New Mexico

catslover

Dec 6, 2022
Montevideo
Visit site
I am almost done with the forms to integrate my OffShore with NorthwestRA But to be honest, I'm a bit confused with some parts and before making any mistake I prefer to ask here in the forum.

I am a non-US resident and I want to incorporate an LLC as such, but at no time did the forms give me the possibility to clarify this. They did ask me for my address, which indicates that my country of residence is not the USA. This is enough for them to understand that I want to register the company as a non-resident? My address does not appear on the forms, but there is one in the USA, I suppose it is the address of the agent.

On the other hand, I also requested the EIN, and in the EIN documents they ask me for a "physical address" and an "mailing address", in both sections should I put my real address or the address of the registered agent?

Finally, the EIN form asks me to enter the date the company began its existence for the state (New Mexico), so I guess I should wait for the LLC to be created before submitting this form.

I am almost done with the forms to integrate my OffShore with NorthwestRA But to be honest, I'm a bit confused with some parts and before making any mistake I prefer to ask here in the forum.

I am a non-US resident and I want to incorporate an LLC as such, but at no time did the forms give me the possibility to clarify this. They did ask me for my address, which indicates that my country of residence is not the USA. This is enough for them to understand that I want to register the company as a non-resident?
What do you mean?

For formation purposes, there's no difference where the members and managers of an LLC are resident.

My address does not appear on the forms, but there is one in the USA, I suppose it is the address of the agent.
Correct, that's a legal requirement to form an LLC in New Mexico. It must have an address in New Mexico. It's the same all over the world.

On the other hand, I also requested the EIN, and in the EIN documents they ask me for a "physical address" and an "mailing address", in both sections should I put my real address or the address of the registered agent?
The IRS usually sends mail abroad, but it might be faster and more convenient if you use a US mailing address instead.

Finally, the EIN form asks me to enter the date the company began its existence for the state (New Mexico), so I guess I should wait for the LLC to be created before submitting this form.
Correct.

Reactions: catslover
What do I have to do next to make it clear that my LLC is associated with a non-US resident?
There is nothing you need to do. There is no special action to take or status to obtain. You just incorporate the company and appoint the members/managers.

Then, once a year, you file an annual report with the IRS and with the state of New Mexico where you declare the company's income and assets on a federal and state level.

Reactions: catslover
There is nothing you need to do. There is no special action to take or status to obtain. You just incorporate the company and appoint the members/managers.

Then, once a year, you file an annual report with the IRS and with the state of New Mexico where you declare the company's income and assets on a federal and state level.
Oh, I see how it works now, thank you very much for your reply.

Is New Mexico tax friendly like Delaware or Wyoming? Do I need a mailing address in USA? I am a non citizen and non resident of USA. Any pro's con's compared to Delaware? I know incorporation fee and annual renewal fee is cheap. Are there any costs, taxes and fee other than that?

Latest Threads