Our valued sponsor

Indonesia offers 'golden visa' to entice foreign investors

For the 5-year Visa, if one adds +/- 50% more, one can literally end up in Monaco.

For the 10-year Visa, you're in Monaco :rolleyes: (indefinitely)

Are all the unproductive gang members in these countries delusional or am I really that stupid that I don't see their point of view?:oops:

PS. For the record, if you're placing bets, bet on the latter smi(&%

For the 5-year Visa, if one adds +/- 50% more, one can literally end up in Monaco.

For the 10-year Visa, you're in Monaco :rolleyes: (indefinitely)

Are all the unproductive gang members in these countries delusional or am I really that stupid that I don't see their point of view?:oops:

PS. For the record, if you're placing bets, bet on the latter smi(&%

The advantage of the Indonesian visa is that you don't lose any of that money. You can invest it in different places (shares, savings accounts, etc.), and you get your 5 or 10 year stay.

At the end of those years you can withdraw your money, or keep it invested if you will (and possibly extend the visa).

Monaco has something similar but the problem is that then you're in Monaco, spending way more.

In Bali, on the other hand, you can live off the dividends of a 700k investment without issues. For example, assume 3-4% dividend/interest rate, that's $21k a year, or $1750/mo, that's more than enough to cover all living expenses in Bali.

So, in short, you can invest $700k and live in Bali 10 years off the returns of those investments, then take your money at the end of the term and leave.

The advantage of the Indonesian visa is that you don't lose any of that money. You can invest it in different places (shares, savings accounts, etc.), and you get your 5 or 10 year stay.

At the end of those years you can withdraw your money, or keep it invested if you will (and possibly extend the visa).

Monaco has something similar but the problem is that then you're in Monaco, spending way more.

In Bali, on the other hand, you can live off the dividends of a 700k investment without issues. For example, assume 3-4% dividend/interest rate, that's $21k a year, or $1750/mo, that's more than enough to cover all living expenses in Bali.

So, in short, you can invest $700k and live in Bali 10 years off the returns of those investments, then take your money at the end of the term and leave.
sure ;) The issue lies clearly "take your money and leave"

Reactions: backpacker
Yes, of course... But at least there's a chance to have it back. 10 years in Monaco and you'll spend millions anyways.

And I don't think the Indonesian government will steal it, just that there are risks related to the Indonesian stock market itself, banks going bankrupt, etc.
Unfortunately, in ten years, that 700.000 won't have the same purchasing power as today. With the current worldwide inflation, it might get reduced to 1/3.

Unfortunately, in ten years, that 700.000 won't have the same purchasing power as today. With the current worldwide inflation, it might get reduced to 1/3.

Well, keep in mind that a large part of it would be invested, not in cash, and also generating profits (dividends, interest, etc.).

Also I'd start with the 5 year visa at $350k, since there are risks involved and the price is the same (maybe in the future you can extend for another 5 years by keeping those $350k invested).

Is foreign income taxed in Indonesia? If yes, then why would you go to Indonesia when you can live in Thailand where prices are generally cheaper, the food better, less corrupted etc and you don't have to pay any taxes towards foreign capital gain and general income?

Kinda like Thailand's new Elite Visa.

Also you are hoping the funds remain in the $... chances are IDR (think thats what it is).

One thing to add, if in IDR you may double your money against the $ lol but loose the spending power.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
Yes, it costs about 2k to set up, including all coconut bribes etc.
and this...don't forget this:

1694105228657.png

rof/%