Our valued sponsor

Invest and Forget , Live on monthly dividend/interest income

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi every one,
I am 30 Year Old.
I want to ask , If I want to invest and forget type of investment meaning that I do not want that money in future, just live by Dividend and Interest income for my whole life.
Is it good to invest in 50% in world gov bond and 50% world stock index fund ?
I only required inflation protected monthly income for life .

Is it good idea in today's over valued market ?

Love to know your thought.

Thanks

Take a look at the new Vanguard LifeStrategy ETFs:

They are trading in EUR on XETRA (V80A) and italian Borsa (VNGA80). They are accumulating ETFs. They cover both developing markets and emerging markets as well as bonds under one ETF.

Hi every one,
I am 30 Year Old.
I want to ask , If I want to invest and forget type of investment meaning that I do not want that money in future, just live by Dividend and Interest income for my whole life.
Is it good to invest in 50% in world gov bond and 50% world stock index fund ?
I only required inflation protected monthly income for life .

Is it good idea in today's over valued market ?

Love to know your thought.

Thanks
That was easy to do before 2008, because you could simply invest in Certificates of Deposit (or bonds) at essentially zero risk and receive 5%-8% in annual interest. Someone with $1 million could live comfortably earning $50k to $80k per year. That option has now disappeared as governments suppress market interest rates and steal from savers.

I asked myself the same question that you posed a decade ago. I self-educated myself in economics and did over five years of research before making a decision. I concluded that the economic and financial systems were corrupt and broken because of massive debt (which was nothing at that time compared to today) and artificially low interest rates that drive up all assets prices and create price bubbles, which is why almost all assets are now correlated and practically useless as hedges.

Significantly, people do not understand the systemic risks inherent in the various stock markets, just as they did not understand them in 2008. Nothing has changed, only the greater amount of damage that will eventually occur when the next economic tsunami hits. Only serious government intervention has kept the markets from crashing at various times.

After five years of research, I concluded that only three types of investments would produce a safe and mostly passive investment that produces income for life:
1) Managed agricultural property.
2) Managed rental properties.
3) A basket of real assets, such as rental property, agricultural shares, music royalties, real estate liens, fine whiskey, factoring, peer-to-peer loans, etc.

Ten years later, I still hold the same view -- even more so today. People always need both food and housing, even in a crisis. They will do well in inflationary environments and are still relatively uncorrelated to paper assets. Real assets that are useful to people will hold their value. The last ingredient is to hold precious metals as additional insurance.

Last edited:
That was easy to do before 2008, because you could simply invest in Certificates of Deposit (or bonds) at essentially zero risk and receive 5%-8% in annual interest. Someone with $1 million could live comfortably earning $50k to $80k per year. That option has now disappeared as governments suppress market interest rates and steal from savers.

I asked myself the same question that you posed a decade ago. I self-educated myself in economics and did over five years of research before making a decision. I concluded that the economic and financial systems were corrupt and broken because of massive debt (which was nothing at that time compared to today) and artificially low interest rates that drive up all assets prices and create price bubbles, which is why almost all assets are now correlated and practically useless as hedges.

Significantly, people do not understand the systemic risks inherent in the various stock markets, just as they did not understand them in 2008. Nothing has changed, only the greater amount of damage that will eventually occur when the next economic tsunami hits. Only serious government intervention has kept the markets from crashing at various times.

After five years of research, I concluded that only three types of investments would produce a safe and mostly passive investment that produces income for life:
1) Managed agricultural property.
2) Managed rental properties.
3) A basket of real assets, such as rental property, agricultural shares, music royalties, real estate liens, fine whiskey, factoring, peer-to-peer loans, etc.

Ten years later, I still hold the same view -- even more so today. People always need both food and housing, even in a crisis. They will do well in inflationary environments and are still relatively uncorrelated to paper assets. Real assets that are useful to people will hold their value. The last ingredient is to hold precious metals as additional insurance.
I agree with your opinion but those investments from my point of view requires a great amount of cash, time and are heavily influenced by weather and of course the market itself.

It’s very different to have let’s say 500k needed to buy a property for agriculture from invest at a regular pace maybe 1k (for the average worker/investor) unless you take a loan, pay interests and you have to be 100% dedicated. And furthermore, now you can’t assure anything with this crazy climate.

Properties for rental I think is almost the same (great capital upfront) but with lesser risks from climate, and long term to recovery your investment and start having only gains. Plus you can’t be sure that it will be rented 10-15 years uninterrupted.

just my opinion

Reactions: troubled soul
Property management or Farm Management , Anything related to "Management" is too much headache and non sense.
For best stress free and no nonsense investment always be the bond and stock. But It give you lower return compare to them .

You have to lose something to gain something.

Headache = Good Return
No headache = Average Return.

low risk = low return
high risk = high return.

Reactions: jjrapy

Latest Threads