Our valued sponsor

Investing in real estate in Dubai, crash course me pls (is it good time, best properties for AirBNB roi etc)

PinkCat

Member Plus
Dec 20, 2022
EU
Visit site
I need to get familiar with the Dubai real estate market fast, hoping for your help.
There are 2 main questions that I can start with but anything is of help!
1. Considering the about 30% increase in the last year, and the potentially coming global recession, do you think its a good time to invest in super premium Dubai real estate now? Considering that "usually" the premium segment is the least afffected?
2. What kind of property is best for max ROI from short term renting out (like AirBnB) small/big, premium/basic?

bonus question, what do you think for hyper premium offerings like the jacob&co and binghatti building, it's very amtitious with I believe chance to not be completed at all but if it is you will have quite rare real estate piece, However you can get about 7 regular flats for that price.....

Reactions: troubled soul
I need to get familiar with the Dubai real estate market fast, hoping for your help.
There are 2 main questions that I can start with but anything is of help!
1. Considering the about 30% increase in the last year, and the potentially coming global recession, do you think its a good time to invest in super premium Dubai real estate now? Considering that "usually" the premium segment is the least afffected?
2. What kind of property is best for max ROI from short term renting out (like AirBnB) small/big, premium/basic?

bonus question, what do you think for hyper premium offerings like the jacob&co and binghatti building, it's very amtitious with I believe chance to not be completed at all but if it is you will have quite rare real estate piece, However you can get about 7 regular flats for that price.....

In my opinion there is still space for growth.
The prices have increased a lot so probably do not expect the same growth that the market has experienced in the past 1-2 years but on the long run there is lot of potential.
My suggestion is to stick on prime location, namely Dubai Marina, JBR, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Downtown, Business Bay etc. and look for apartments with premium views and good constructors like EMAAR, NAKHEEL, SLECT GROUP, MERAAS.

Avoid DAMAC and others, which may be cheaper but will probably give you some problems.

Avoid also location too far from the interesting points and too near to the desert, even if they have cheap prices.

I would avoid too much luxury, stick with 1,2-bed from the constructors above, invest in off-plan and premium locations and then re-sell them when they are ready for a premium or rent them out in short term on AirBnB.

In my opinion the Jacob&Co Burj Binghatti is more like a trophy asset than a good investment (if it would be ever completed), look at something else and diversify in different locations if possible.

Reactions: troubled soul