Our valued sponsor

Investment in Land?

That's a very good question and an actual real life situation I am in now since off loading my bonds.

I am still researching sadly :confused:.

Greenland. Thanks to climate change, there should be enough building land and arable land there in 10 years' time. I also expect there maximum temperatures of 25 degrees Celsius in contrast to the hotter rest of the world ;)

Reactions: lory
Where on earth would you by land if you had 1 million euro?

Something that will bring some investment returns within say 10 years?
Agri land in Europe for either receiving the EU payments under the CAP protocol or actually cultivating something, for example a vineyard or oliveyard. That is if you are happy to invest in Europe.
Otherwise palm plantations. Or pineapple, avocado, passion fruit, bananas, coffee, cocoa… also consider intercropping.
I suggest reading these books:

1E42B673-7948-436A-8C8D-FE2F790D4195.jpeg
FED66265-5727-474A-A486-DF449B8DB3CE.jpeg

Attachments

• 35230E14-7FF1-4C21-955B-D54929C023C1.jpeg
    35230E14-7FF1-4C21-955B-D54929C023C1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Sir Gelato
But to answer OP question, I would Chose AFRICA/MENA (Egypt, rwanda, ghana, morocco, saudi arabia? Idk, Neom city sounds interesting) following by LATAM (Argentina, specifically the Pampas area, Colombia, uruguay, Chile? brazil?...etc) , then Eastern European countries (Czechia with it's great tax cuts for agricultural land owners, serbia, croatia, Georgia? ). and I will Stay the f**k away from Asia when it comes to anything land related, they are overprotective af of their lands, and I can't blame then when the Chinese are buying every thing left and right.

Last edited:
Buy farmland -- and either develop it into a farm or lease it to farmers.

1) In a country with a strong rule of law.

2) In a country with a strong and growing middle class, where the poor are not fomenting rebellion.

3) In a country with a strongly diversified economy.

4) In a country with solid political stability.

5) In a country actively attracting foreign investment, evidenced by agricultural tax breaks and other incentives.

6) Buy land with a freehold title.

7) Buy land with multiple water sources (e.g., rain, river, underground aquafer, holding ponds, etc.).

8) Plant high-value exotics (e.g., mangos, limes, avocado, bananas, pineapple, passion fruit, gourmet coffee, cacao, etc.).

9) Do not compete against the big agricultural companies and their mass produced foods.

10) Have the land professionally managed by a multi-generational farming family with deep ties to the locality and, ideally (if your farm is large enough), with connections to the central government.

11) Serious on-the-ground due diligence is also absolutely critical.

I am likely leaving out a few factors. Even with all these precautions and tailwinds at your back, problems may still arise (e.g., COVID, labor issues, fire potential in the dry season, theft of fruit, a potential new pest or disease, etc.). You need to stack as many factors as possible in your favor, because farming is hard. But it is also extremely lucrative, if done right. Especially in an inflationary environment.

Has anyone considered Mauritius?
Most investments grant you residency too.
I considered establishing a business there, buying land, building a Marina with a yacht manufacturing and service branch there
It is a great tourist destination and who wouldn't like a holiday at a marina on those gorgeous beaches

Latest Threads