Our valued sponsor

Ireland Ltd. vs UK Ltd.? Which one for the EU market?

bibing

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I would need to setup a company to serve EU companies since many are not willing to have nothing to do with my HK company.

- I'm running a small affiliate network.
- Eventually the company in EU would be owned by the HK company or by an extra-UE person.
- I excluded Malta, Cyprus, and the Eastern Europe countries (Bulgaria, Hungary, etc.)

At the end the choice is between UK Ltd and Ireland Ltd.

1. Which one will have the lowest taxes?
2. Which one will have the lowest "maintenance" (auditing, yearly fees, other BS fees, etc.)?

As an additional question, I read about UK LLPs. Would it be ok for this kind of business since it seems with a LLP taxes are paid in the country of the OB residency (in this case HK)?

Reactions: hofo
Incorporation, fees costs arealmost the same for both.
Ireland got 12.5% corporation tax on trading profits. UK 20% ( but you can work on it with an agent agreement even with your house company).
Ireland got also double taxation agreement.
I would say it depend on your goals and product.

I would need to setup a company to serve EU companies since many are not willing to have nothing to do with my HK company.

A hard brexit will mean UK company will be treated by EU just like a HK company ns2

UK
Corporation tax is 19%

Ireland
Corporation tax is 12,5 %

Accounting cost is similar (about 1000GBP/EUR per year for small/medium company)
You must have virtual office and this is cost about 100 GBP/EUR per year
and thats it.

The jurisdiction is very similar so the system work fine. You dont have to going to any tax office ( everything you can do by internet) so dont worry.
In both cases you will have no problem signing a contract with companies in Europe.

Reactions: bibing
@Martin Everson I use a lot of UK company .. what to do??!!! Difficult to cut off the usuals.
Do you really think an hard brexit is possible?
I just hope it will be the same as before

I don't think it would be in anybodies interest to not have a deal post brexit. I would however hope for the best and prepare for the worst, as the EU is going to send a clear message to any other EU country thinking of leaving and getting a good deal post leaving...lol.

Reactions: David97255
For those not old enough to remember black Wednesday in 1992 and the UK forced to leave the ERM. Learn from history (see below). The German's left the UK to the market wolves....lol.

Ireland Ltd has until for a few years ago been the best country in the EU to avoid taxed legally on corporate plan! What does it makes it different in 2019 you think?

Latest Threads