Our valued sponsor

Is economics boring???

rajiu

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I find it surprising when most students I meet say economics is a boring subject. I find it even more appalling when MBA’s and marketing majors say it. Well, they would do well to know that economics is the mother of marketing. Most marketing theories be it consumer behaviour, market dynamics, competition, pricing and more have all been derived from economic theory.

If you subscribe to the view that economics is boring, or even worse, that economics is not for me, I intend correcting your opinion about economics. Not by telling how economics is useful but by telling you how it is not boring…by listing a few hilarious quotes from economics. Enjoy!

An economist is somebody who sees something happen in practice and wonders if it will work in theory.

A man explained inflation to his wife thus: 'When we married, you measured 36-24-36. Now you're 42-42-42. There's more of you, but you are not worth as much.'

All the great economic ills the world has faced can be directly traced back to the London School of Economics.

Making a speech on economics is a lot like pissing down your leg. It seems hot to you, but it never does to anyone else.

The first law of economists: For every economist, there exists an equal and opposite economist. The second law of economists: They're both wrong.

The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters.

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair.

The trouble with unemployment is that the minute you wake up in the morning you're on the job.

An economist is a man who knows a hundred ways of making love but doesn’t know any women.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up thus: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_aha_t: :)

Well i think it depends on person to person because everyone has a different field of interest.Some of the people may not like sports and some of them who like sports may not like painting so it is quite a varied point of view.My father is a total business mind and that is why he reads things related to economics like we dont even read a novel.And Usually read an auto magazine like as if i didnt read it, my life will end.

Latest Threads