Our valued sponsor

Zelda

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello, you beautiful humans,
I have been living in Germany for 6 years, I have a Moroccan passport.
Do you guys think it is worth it to get the German citizenship, I have heard that Germans will be taxed by citizenship in the next 5 years?
Does having a Moroccan passport will help you not get taxed as a German when getting the German pass?
I came here for the reason of studying and making a future but when I got in the world of money, I guess having money is more important than being broke as a German citizen,
do you think it's worth abandoning Germany and going to another country to start a business in due to complications for foreigners to start a business in Germany?
I am already making money as a student here and the tax house not knowing anything on my income, and it's really hard or maybe impossible to switch residencies from student to self-employed.
I have a very hard choice to make, and I trust you with my future,
Best,

How would a German passport be useful to you? What would it allow you to do that you haven’t been able to do in the past 6 years?
Ease of setting up a German business is not a good reason.

Personally, I would get the German citizenship. If some BS law comes in effect where they want to tax you, then renounce it. An EU passport does have its value.

Are you sure that staying on a student visa counts toward the residency requirements for the citizenship application?

Ease of setting up a German business is not a good reason.
Not the only reason, but one of many, setting a business here has its positives aswel, other than traveling the world etc. etc. I am in the sunken ship fallacy, stating that if I have spent 6 years already in Germany I have to spend another two to get the citizenship.
Are you sure that staying on a student visa counts toward the residency requirements for the citizenship application?
Yes, a friend of mine got his pass after 8 years he only worked 1 year and applied after.
Personally, I would get the German citizenship. If some BS law comes in effect where they want to tax you, then renounce it. An EU passport does have its value.
thank you for your input

Do you guys think it is worth it to get the German citizenship, I have heard that Germans will be taxed by citizenship in the next 5 years?
if you can at all, and I read from your other thread you want to become resident in Germany, you should apply for the the citizenship . Otherwise, if you are willing to reconsider your option, check out Switzerland / Zug, it's even better depending on your budget!

The German passport is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful in the world.

Where did you get the information that there will be a taxation according to citizenship in the future?
Powerful? Just because it saves you from applying for a visa? Or you mean powerful because the issuer can f**k the holder in so many ways?

Where he is right he is right, a German passport will not stop you anywhere in the boarders. For instant a Brazilian passport will stope you everywhere!

Where he is right he is right, a German passport will not stop you anywhere in the boarders. For instant a Brazilian passport will stope you everywhere!
Unless the German authorities are looking for you. And unless they stop you at the German border.
Is it so terrible to apply for a visa when you need one?

If your poor or working class then yes. You can drain the state of welfare with a local passport in worst case. If you have real money and clean record then probably not as there are generally exceptions to attract such people to pretty much live anywhere. i.e investor, golden, entrepreneur visas etc. Although EU is clamping down on some of this.

If your poor or working class then yes. You can drain the state of welfare with a local passport in worst case. If you have real money and clean record then probably not as there are generally exceptions to attract such people to pretty much live anywhere. i.e investor, golden, entrepreneur visas etc. Although EU is clamping down on some of this.
I encourage everyone to take advantage of the EU, and suck all the few resources left like a leech. That will only do good, as it will accelerate the inevitable process of disintegration of this monstrosity that is the EU.

Reactions: tacokai
I believe @JohnnyDoe you relocated to the Bahamas, you and Martin are sitting on the beach with each your laptops and post here on the forum while drinking a bear and rise a cheers each time you both agree to that the EU is the Hell on Earth.
1653309207927.png

Congrats to you guys, I hope I soon can join the club.

I believe @JohnnyDoe you relocated to the Bahamas, you and Martin are sitting on the beach with each your laptops and post here on the forum while drinking a bear and rise a cheers each time you both agree to that the EU is the Hell on Earth.

smi(&% No beach during office hours and the beach bugs are nasty so don’t think it’s a paradise. Still better than the EU for sure.

View attachment 3689
Congrats to you guys, I hope I soon can join the club.
Think about import duties first. And nosee hums.
StarLink is opening up so many new options!

I have the option of obtaining a German citizenship via a relative. I am for sure going for it! I do already have an EU citizenship, but would not mind to get a German one neither.
Why would you need it if you already hold an EU passport. Germany is cool, but almost any other EU passport would do the same?

Latest Threads