Our valued sponsor

Question Israel as a tax heaven?

manukahoney

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
Didn't find much info on Israel on the forum, but it seems like a no-brainer tax heaven for those who are eligible for Aliyah (have a Jewish ancestors up to grandparents). Basically all foreign income is exempt even if remitted to Israel (no CGT, no dividend tax, a bit tricky when it comes to salary), can control foreign companies without any problems, program lasts for 10 years, citizenship at the first arrival after getting approved by the consulate, allows multiple citizenships, absolutely a white list jurisdiction for banking, easy to get a tax certificate etc.

The only drawback (apart from a necessity to be a Jew) is a very high cost of living (prices in Tel-Aviv are on par with London or NY) and a rough neighbourhood of countries.

Why is it not discussed more often?

Reactions: khinkali
1. Safety
2. it's not really an "absolutely white list" jurisdiction. It may be in some countries, but in others, they won't accept you and you will be treated the same as if you came from Syria or Iraq.
Headaches all over, plenty of hatred all over, justified or not, it's still the reality. an American or European Jew will be treated completely different to an Israeli jew.
3. high cost of living to live in a country that lives on the idea that they are on the edge of complete annihilation wouldn't make sense to the 6-7 figure entrepreneur who can just move to Dubai or any tax friendly European country. It just doesn't mix well with him or his lifestyle.

Reactions: Lincoln Burrows
1. I get it, but in reality you have greater chances to be killed by some stray shooter in US or a knife-wielding hobo in London than to die from a terrorist attack in Tel-Aviv (I'm not talking about territories close to Gaza). And street-wise it's really safe.
2. Much better attitude towards Israeli residents in the EU and US than Dubai-based for instance. Banking is also better, yet not on par with developed world of course.
3. That is 100% true, no argument.

Reactions: khinkali
1. I get it, but in reality you have greater chances to be killed by some stray shooter in US or a knife-wielding hobo in London than to die from a terrorist attack in Tel-Aviv (I'm not talking about territories close to Gaza). And street-wise it's really safe.
2. Much better attitude towards Israeli residents in the EU and US than Dubai-based for instance. Banking is also better, yet not on par with developed world of course.
3. That is 100% true, no argument.
They'll need to cut your digilidoo if you move there and wanna be a Jew eek¤%&gru87¤¤ a no-go for me! nai¤%

Reactions: manukahoney

Latest Threads