Our valued sponsor

Juristiction for e-commerce company that will all incomes invest in USA compnies stocks

amateur

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
This is a maybe strange idea but here what I am interested to do.

Some background: Macedonia born, citizenship, no other passport.

I have e-commerce business and I want to incorporate in some jurisdiction company that will use all e-commerce incomes to invest in few stocks USA companies. Literally what I want is all profits from that business to invest in stocks from now to nexr 5,10, 20 years. I have other business (brick and mortar, my father started 40 tears ago and we live solid from that).

Question is what is best juridiction for this? i not mean only on lowest fees, taxes, etc, since this is long term, number one factor is stability.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions… :)

US LLC? Only risk would be estate tax.
If you use a company in a country where you don't live, you risk not having access to tax treaties, so I guess you would risk dividends being taxed at 30%.
Also, if you invest the profits directly through the company, what if there is a liability claim against the company?
And also, if you use a company from a country where you don't live, that company would probably be taxed where you live anyway.

It might make the most sense to just have a company where you live, take out profits and then invest in your own name.

Reactions: troubled soul
US LLC? Only risk would be estate tax.
If you use a company in a country where you don't live, you risk not having access to tax treaties, so I guess you would risk dividends being taxed at 30%.
Also, if you invest the profits directly through the company, what if there is a liability claim against the company?
And also, if you use a company from a country where you don't live, that company would probably be taxed where you live anyway.

It might make the most sense to just have a company where you live, take out profits and then invest in your own name.
Agreed the estate tax issue is a huge problem. There are only about 20 countries with estate treaties with the US so using a US LLC is an issue unless you live in a country with an estate treaty. The exemption without an estate treaty is only $60,000. Your best bet is an offshore from other country and just pay the witholding taxes. Capital gains will be exempt from taxes but will Interactive brokers also report to your country of residence? Maybe? So get residence in Panama etc

But taxes on the income from e-commerce. Also probably more complicated and expensive accounting to run the e-commerce company
Its not necessarily a good thing to run your invesments in the same company running the an e-commerce. My reply was with reference to the investment part which I have assumed would have been segregated. Having said that, still a Cyprus company is an ideal option for e-commerce. Inquiring for stability and looking for a tax free jurisdiction carries certain contradictory elements to it.

What's the amount of money we're talking about (annual turnover, profits etc)?
Do you need any special payment gateways (stripe, paypal etc)?
How much would you be ready to pay for the setup (initial costs)?
Would you buy stocks as a person or as a company?
How do you run this e-com business right now?
What are your key markets?
Would you relocate to another country?