Our valued sponsor

Legally cash out $1+m in crypto - what are the options?

I don’t understand why one should exchange something valuable (crypto) for fiat, which is guaranteed to lose value over time. Just swap everything for btc and enjoy.
Yes It's very strange. As it becomes clearer by the day that crypto is the future and that fiat money is dying, some seem to have the irrepressible urge to cash out into a banking system teetering on the brink of collapse. Or to buy crappy overpriced real estate becoming more and more the piggy bank of cash strapped countries around the world.

Yes It's very strange. As it becomes clearer by the day that crypto is the future and that fiat money is dying, some seem to have the irrepressible urge to cash out into a banking system teetering on the brink of collapse. Or to buy crappy overpriced real estate becoming more and more the piggy bank of cash strapped countries around the world.
Brilliant observation!

Reactions: JackAlabama
In Dubai, it's nearly impossible to sell a property now at the market price, and once you sell, they will ask for proof of funds.

What we do now is consult you on tax evasion and money laundering. You made this money while you were a Japanese resident, so you're supposed to pay taxes there.

You had to plan everything before, but there are lots of ways to do that for sure, $1.5M is not a big deal. It's not $30 mils

The taxable event occurs upon the sale of the crypto. Therefore, he must first establish a new tax residency before selling it.

Reactions: jafo
Any bank (including crypto-friendly) wants SoF docs. If you don't have SoF docs you can't just send a wire from Kraken for 1m$. Solution - photoshop your SoF according to the wallets you find and transactions on them or incorporate and find someone you can invoice (send them USDT-> get EUR to corp account).

Don't go for Dubai because even if you manage to do it you will get your funds trapped inside the country.
any real life experience for being unable to wire out of Dubai?

You guys don’t get it.
1) You can do the property thing in Dubai or wherever, but once you start moving the funds to another jurisdiction or sometimes try to purchase something in the same jurisdiction you need the FULL history and supporting documentation (most asked question - Provide supporting docs for the initial purchase of your crypto). Which has to be (logically) a tax return where it clearly shows where the money came from and after that the transfer confirmation of those funds to the crypto exchange. And then case by case but usually its either your trade history and profits or crypto exchange account balance(this is is preferable because now you know why and how).
2) Moving funds from Dubai is a pain in the a*s. Check multiple threads on this forum. Even if you have SOF it’s still coming from UAE and you spend months in trying to prove that the funds are legit. Ofc depends on your citizenship, the docs you have etc.

The solution is to show them what they want. Legit business with legit dividends coming from a legit country (not 0% tax banana republic) and you’ll notice how things get much easier. But to do this you have to build everything from scratch (your story).

Reactions: yngmind
any real life experience for being unable to wire out of Dubai?
You can definitely wire out from Dubai to other countries but depending on your profile and bank they will ask you many questions and can take several months to get the money out. This is real experience from myself and from many friends I personally know

Nope. We've already discussed this topic.

Crypto proceeds held offshore are not taxable, only if remitted in Thailand.

Thai tax authority website seems to disagree with you, unless my translation is wrong. Or do you want to argue that someone selling crypto in Thailand is not using a wallet located in Thailand?

Question 10: How is tax applied to the buying and selling of cryptocurrencies/digital tokens abroad?

Answer: Step 1 involves determining if the income source is domestic or foreign, based on the location of the wallet used for transactions. Step 2: If the income source is within Thailand, taxes are due in Thailand. If the income source is foreign, taxes are due when the individual has been in Thailand for at least 180 days in the tax year and the income has been brought into Thailand within the same tax year.

https://www.rd.go.th/fileadmin/user_upload/lorkhor/information/manual_crypto_310165.pdf

Reactions: jafo and wellington
Nope. We've already discussed this topic.

Crypto proceeds held offshore are not taxable, only if remitted in Thailand.

I see this om
Thai tax authority website seems to disagree with you, unless my translation is wrong. Or do you want to argue that someone selling crypto in Thailand is not using a wallet located in Thailand?

https://www.rd.go.th/fileadmin/user_upload/lorkhor/information/manual_crypto_310165.pdf
this is exactly what my discussion with the revenue department determined that as the person in control of the wallet is in Thailand it’s therefore a domestic taxable event even if the activity occurs overseas

And the only way to go around this is via an overseas company and paid dividends overseas in fiat.

I see this om

this is exactly what my discussion with the revenue department determined that as the person in control of the wallet is in Thailand it’s therefore a domestic taxable event even if the activity occurs overseas

And the only way to go around this is via an overseas company and paid dividends overseas in fiat.
not relevant for me so idk but i noticed the stated dates.

This one is from January 2022 and @Mercury source is from 18.03.2022 so id bet on @Mercury being right.
When did your discussion took place and have you smth in writing? (otherwise it can just be an ill informed answer by a lowly motivated employee or lost in translation).

Yours is from Jan22 and @Mercury s from March 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mercury and jafo
I'm a bit confused. The OP has some cryptocurrency without KYC requirements and wants to exchange it for fiat currency. Why bring Dubai into this? Firstly, Dubai is generally considered on gray or blacklists in many places. Secondly, the only practical way to cash out in Dubai is to find someone who will exchange crypto for cash (USD) for a fee of 3-7%.

So, if you fly there, you might need to carry around $10,000 on the way back to return to your home country. Considering the stress, cost of the flight, and other factors and I hope the OP isn't in Europe. If they are, they would also need to convert the cash into Euros having other fees.

If you're serious about exchanging your cryptocurrency for fiat currency, consider setting up a Delaware company LLC. Transfer your crypto to Kraken, then send it to Mercury and enjoy.

Reactions: yngmind and vehzag
I'm a bit confused. The OP has some cryptocurrency without KYC requirements and wants to exchange it for fiat currency. Why bring Dubai into this? Firstly, Dubai is generally considered on gray or blacklists in many places. Secondly, the only practical way to cash out in Dubai is to find someone who will exchange crypto for cash (USD) for a fee of 3-7%.

So, if you fly there, you might need to carry around $10,000 on the way back to return to your home country. Considering the stress, cost of the flight, and other factors and I hope the OP isn't in Europe. If they are, they would also need to convert the cash into Euros having other fees.

If you're serious about exchanging your cryptocurrency for fiat currency, consider setting up a Delaware company LLC. Transfer your crypto to Kraken, then send it to Mercury and enjoy.
If you transfer 1m via kraken to Mercury in the name of the Delaware llc, Mercury is not going to ask how this crypto was obtained?

Crypto held offshore does not mean a cold/hot wallet you have with you. It means crypto held on a CEX/company/wallet located outside of Thailand. These crypto proceeds are not taxable as long as not remitted into Thailand as per Sherrings statement.

Crypto held offshore does not mean a cold/hot wallet you have with you
But how would ANYONE know this?

It could be my mother sending out crypto for me or a "crypto paymaster" financing me. How would ANYONE know who the crypto belongs to if one doesn't confess and even confessions are "sketchy" AF.
1711548104506.png

Source: False Confessions

Now, we also know that "Bitcoin address is located on the blockchain; thus, there are no physical locations tied to it." In other words, right now, in sections of my personal life, eight people have access to a Bitcoin address. They can "pull or spend" the funds. They all have the master private key. Bitcoin is a ledger—a record book of transactions. Things go in, things go out, and this ledger keeps a record of everything.

I'm legitimately trying to find out if the Thai Revenue Department, or anyone else, has methods to detect/discover if the "Bitcoin address" is in Thailand and how this method works. :rolleyes:

Is there a way to discover if more than one person can pull or spend the funds? :rolleyes:

how would ANYONE know this?
Watch out for projects like Arkham: "Arkham Intelligence provides deanonymization and intelligence on the blockchain, such as addresses, entities, individuals, and assets."
Just spend your crypto to buy stuff (as suggested in this forum) and sooner or later state authorities will find out your crypto wealth. It's just a matter of time.

• Wow
Watch out for projects like Arkham: "Arkham Intelligence provides deanonymization and intelligence on the blockchain, such as addresses, entities, individuals, and assets."
Just spend your crypto to buy stuff (as suggested in this forum) and sooner or later state authorities will find out your crypto wealth. It's just a matter of time.
Thank you for sharing!
I'm going to read their whitepaper and then ask them the pertinent questions about the narrow legal issue. ;)

one needs to know a little bit about all of that and its easy to bypass detection (even on bitcoin).

• Love

Latest Threads