Our valued sponsor

Liberland Companies

4br

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
If no one is aware, there was a libertarian state proclaimed on land between Croatia and Serbia in 2015. Owing to a border dispute stemming from the collapse of Yugoslavia and the change of the course of The Danube over the years Croatia and Serbia have different borders. As a result there are a few parcels of unclaimed land, which lie on the Croatian side of The Danube.

The Croatian government has blocked settlement of the area.

Recently they began selling e-residency for $150 and citizenship for $5K-10K (I forget the sum).

They also say they are setting up companies and that you can get banking via bitwage.com.

Anyone have any insights into this?

I imagine that the Liberland company would have little significant and that your real country of residence would be relevant for banking.

If no one recognizes this country, from my point of view you can use it as a playground for your company but that´s about it, since any cross-border (cross-jurisdiction or how to call it in such an abstract setting) trade would AT LEAST not be recognized and you can hope that the authorities only think that you went crazy.

I am not sure if the other business partner (or you if you do the trade with yourself lol) could be prosecuted for putting such invoices into their accounting, but maybe yes since it´s a low-key fictitious and unrecognized invoice - the size of the issues probably depends on the other jurisdiction where your business partners reside

besides this, it looks like a nice fraud to me :)

If no one recognizes this country, from my point of view you can use it as a playground for your company but that´s about it, since any cross-border (cross-jurisdiction or how to call it in such an abstract setting) trade would AT LEAST not be recognized and you can hope that the authorities only think that you went crazy.

I am not sure if the other business partner (or you if you do the trade with yourself lol) could be prosecuted for putting such invoices into their accounting, but maybe yes since it´s a low-key fictitious and unrecognized invoice - the size of the issues probably depends on the other jurisdiction where your business partners reside

besides this, it looks like a nice fraud to me :)
And they can suspect you are laundering money as well

Reactions: Btraveler

Latest Threads