Our valued sponsor

List of banks that will open account for foreigners

glengoolie

BANNED MEMBER
Mar 30, 2021
EU
Visit site
Diversification is always important and that goes for cash as well. So I think it makes sense to spread it out throughout multiple bank accounts in different jurisdictions. The problem though is that usually banks require you to be a resident or have at least a lease agreement and maybe electricity bill or things like that. Which complicates things.

So I wonder which banks are willing to open a bank account to complete foreigner, a tourist just visiting the country(I am talking personal visit)?

Reactions: troubled soul

Hope this help.

You can check transfer wise blog for every county.
Most of the country Allowed foreigners account, you have to see individually. Which country you are looking for. They have very good guide for that.

If you really want to protect asset and Diversification .

Best country for your requirement here most bank accept you as customer ,but Minimum deposit will be higher in some case
1) Switzerland
2)Singapore
3)Hong Kong
4)United Kingdom
5)UAE
6)UnitedStates
7)Luxembourg
8)Bahrain
9)Panama & the Caribbean

You see, Some bank like HSBC, Citi and Standard Charter have branch in most of the country. If you have private account with them , They will help you to open account in different country for your Diversification need .

Find the bank in your home country , Which have international presence in your desire location . It will make things and process easy for you. Home country branch will help you.

Find the bank in your home country , Which have international presence in your desire location . It will make things and process easy for you. Home country branch will help you.
The downside of that strategy is that it is much easier for the government of your home country to serve legal process (or otherwise exert pressure) on the bank to obtain your offshore banking records. On the other hand, if you use a bank in a foreign country that has no branches located in your home country, obtaining your banking records is far harder for your home country to accomplish because it must seek access through a foreign government and perhaps even seek redress through a foreign court system. You almost always suffer loss of privacy in exchange for convenience. Ensuring privacy is both time-consuming and expensive. It is not easy.

The downside of that strategy is that it is much easier for the government of your home country to serve legal process (or otherwise exert pressure) on the bank to obtain your offshore banking records. On the other hand, if you use a bank in a foreign country that has no branches located in your home country, obtaining your banking records is far harder for your home country to accomplish because it must seek access through a foreign government and perhaps even seek redress through a foreign court system. You almost always suffer loss of privacy in exchange for convenience.
Yes Good Point.
There is no perfect things in the world.
Privacy has a price .

So I wonder which banks are willing to open a bank account to complete foreigner, a tourist just visiting the country(I am talking personal visit)?
As an EU citizens and if you are willing to travel around with your important documents you should be able to open accounts with any EU bank i.e. Germany, Switzerland, France etc. question is what you will get out of it compared to open an account locally.

In Poland you can open an account in Bank Millennium, they only need your passport and that's it. No minimum deposit, residence card, address verification, lease agreement etc. But if you want their Visa debit you need a mailbox in Poland to receive it.

I've heard it's the same with Slovenska Sporitelna in Slovakia but I have no personal experience.
Allow just citizens in poland to open accounts

In Poland you can open an account in Bank Millennium, they only need your passport and that's it. No minimum deposit, residence card, address verification, lease agreement etc. But if you want their Visa debit you need a mailbox in Poland to receive it.

I've heard it's the same with Slovenska Sporitelna in Slovakia but I have no personal experience.
That's right.

Allow just citizens in poland to open accounts
Maybe for some banks but for 100% sure not the case for Millennium.

The downside of that strategy is that it is much easier for the government of your home country to serve legal process (or otherwise exert pressure) on the bank to obtain your offshore banking records.
That will be the situation anyway since if you don't have any privacy protection, which is difficult if not impossible now a days, your information as a beneficial owner of a company and a bank account anywhere will be revealed by the latest of the end of the year.

Also corporate account ?