Our valued sponsor

List of EMI that are/aren't related to the Russian mafia

Ohhhhh.... Do you really think most of these complaining people fall into this category?

I am not gonna call out the Iraqis on this site....but I say no more.

Reactions: Paper Chaser
Issue most people have with EMI's that complain is because they fall into high risk category personally. You often get a guy living in an EU country with a Iraq, Iranian, Lebanese, Russian or Nigerian citizenship but use there EU ID card to open a business account with an EMI. He does for example a large transaction or multiple payments outside EU to i.e Serbia, Lebanon or has unverifiable clients outside the EU. He may also visit these and strange countries and access the service while there. Then EMI closes his account. He comes on here screaming that his account was closed for no reason and his activity is legit. In his mind he doesn't think of himself as high risk i.e by looking at his business account balance on his mobile from an IP address in Iran...lol.
This is just discrimination....Why are Iranians, Iraqis or Serbians at higher risk than let's say Belgians or French ? Just a reminder that most terrorist attacks in Europe were perpetuated by European citizens....

This is just discrimination....Why are Iranians, Iraqis or Serbians at higher risk than let's say Belgians or French ?

Yes it is unfortunately but so is the whole system :confused:. As an EMI try and explain to regulators why you have 100 Iraq passport holders when they come sniffing. Try and explain to banking partners who have these countries on their blacklist why you allow them to bank with you when you send out funds and they query the transaction.

Just a reminder that most terrorist attacks in Europe were perpetuated by European citizens....

Agreed thu&¤#

P.S The world is an unfair place. Why you think Russians buy Malta, Cyprus or foreign passports. Passport discrimination is real in the finance industry ask an American living outside the US how FATCA has made them lepers to EMI's.

Yes it is unfortunately but so is the whole system :confused:. As an EMI try and explain to regulators why you have 100 Iraq passport holders when they come sniffing. Try and explain to banking partners who have these countries on their blacklist why you allow them to bank with you when you send out funds and they query the transaction.

Agreed thu&¤#

P.S The world is an unfair place. Why you think Russians buy Malta, Cyprus or foreign passports. Passport discrimination is real in the finance industry ask an American living outside the US how FATCA has made them lepers to EMI's.
Absolutely true. It can go as far as residency discrimination.

Latest Threads