Our valued sponsor

List of Residencies obtainable without living in the country?

nah be a tourist, no need to buy a house and buy a car which no one cares.
Live off savings, no problemo.
Thanks but that’s not me. I like to have a property it makes me much more relaxed. Might be stupid but that’s just how my brain works.

Especially now after being so sick. I have a family to care about - I just feel more relaxed to know no rent has to be paid in case anything happens

Reactions: jafo and vehzag
Thanks but that’s not me. I like to have a property it makes me much more relaxed. Might be stupid but that’s just how my brain works.

Especially now after being so sick. I have a family to care about - I just feel more relaxed to know no rent has to be paid in case anything happens
It really makes very little sense to live in the house you own. If makes you immobile and more likely to invest in a house with less than average ROI. Better buy something you can rent at profit with high possibility of value gain and live where ever you just want to live.

Reactions: JackAlabama
It really makes very little sense to live in the house you own. If makes you immobile and more likely to invest in a house with less than average ROI. Better buy something you can rent at profit with high possibility of value gain and live where ever you just want to live.
I get your point, if renting out works out as on paper it’s the better deal. I were in this position already.

Not a big fan of it anymore - but again - just my position - really appreciate your opinions :)

Reactions: jafo
So the palau ID can be used where and for what?? an article stated its black listed by the EU but not by the US.
I was looking into paraguay but it seems rules are changing as well making it more difficult to apply and also to keep 2 passports. why delete EU pasport for paraguay one?

So the palau ID can be used where and for what?? an article stated its black listed by the EU but not by the US.
I was looking into paraguay but it seems rules are changing as well making it more difficult to apply and also to keep 2 passports. why delete EU pasport for paraguay one?
According to what my friend says (he is a Russian passport holder) it helps in some places to pass Kyc
Some emis and exchanges

Andorra is perfect for that, if you have EEA passport.
You can look at Passive investment program. You are not required to stay in country to retain residence. If you stay less than 180 days you pay 0% income tax.
It's not blacklisted unlike UAE for example. So less problems having bank accounts
However, Andorra is expensive option

Cheap option - Republic of Palau residence: rns.id - Web 3.0 Digital ID
how much for a Andorra residency, do you know that ?

I spend a lot of time in West Africa, and there is really no difference between the Palau ID and other IDs. Like a local official will have just as little clue that say Latvia is a country as that Palau is a country - but will accept both, cause he sees that you are obvioulsy a foreigner. Palau ID makes it possible to go out and leave all other IDs at home.
Any specific countries you'd recommend to try in WA?

• Wow
Reactions: JohnnyDoe
In Chile you can get a Visa de Residencia Temporaria/visa permanencia without a lot of paperwork and large expenses. I heard that locals are very friendly and can help you with paperwork if you don't want to engage a local lawyer to help you.
You won't get a permanent residence if you don't stay there though. I'm not sure if you need a certificate of good conduct from your country, you should ask google about it (usually embassy websites contain a list of all the documents you have to provide for an immigration visa)
Here is the summary of steps you have to do to move to Chile:
Step 1. You need to get the documents that prove some fixed income in your home country (it can be a rental contract with 3-4 transactions that shows you receive income for renting your property abroad), or documents about receiving money from any freelance market system (I guess with a bank statement as well).
Step 2. Then you come to Chile and apply for a Cedula National Identity Card (ID). (It will give you a right to stay in Chile long term, but not work for a local company in Chile)
Step 3. Once you have a local ID you get access to local public services (Clave Unica) and you should register online as self-employed and open an account in the pension fund AFP.
Step 4. Show (declare) the self-employment income of 1500 USD/month for 6 months (it obliges you to pay taxes + insurance about 150 USD/month). This way you can change your residence permit type (self-employed) to a local work visa/permit (so you can get a job there), as self-employed are allowed to do so. In another year after this transition you can get a permanent residence permit for 5 years and 5 or 6 years later you can apply for citizenship (if you live in the country).

Having traveled extensively in South America, let me add that I was disappointed in Chile. The locals I met were the least friendly and welcoming of all the countries I have been to down there. In fact, the closest thing I can compare the vibe I got in Santiago was a little like East Berlin many years ago when I went there in the late 80s. Also, I met fewer English speakers than in almost any other major South American city.

Reactions: jafo