Our valued sponsor

LLC AND BANK ACCOUNT IN USA

shobi89

Oct 15, 2023
Pakistan
Visit site
Hello everyone,
For the purpose of expanding my outreach and business I am interested in registering a llc in USA and getting a Bank account there as well. If any of the members here knows anyone who can help me out please connect. Thanks .

You can register an LLC in Wyoming or Delaware using some services like Firstbase | Start and grow a US business from anywhere and then open a bank account for the LLC using Mercury Bank, Brex, Relay & others.

Keep in mind also that if you form a single member disregarded entity LLC you have to file every year the form 5472 and pro-forma 1120 to record all the transactions between yourself (the member) and the LLC.

You can register an LLC in Wyoming or Delaware using some services like Firstbase | Start and grow a US business from anywhere and then open a bank account for the LLC using Mercury Bank, Brex, Relay & others.

Keep in mind also that if you form a single member disregarded entity LLC you have to file every year the form 5472 and pro-forma 1120 to record all the transactions between yourself (the member) and the LLC.
The problem is Mercury bank and other similar fintech platforms are not reliable. Is there any entity which does it all? Like offers a one window operation wherein they do the registration and a Bank account both.

Nope, all the services that let you register the LLC then advise you to open with Mercury and the others. Mercury is very good if you have a I

Nope, all the services that let you register the LLC then advise you to open with Mercury and the others. Mercury is very good if you have a legit business.
I can give a try to these platforms as u said and see. However, if anyone offers any nominee services i would love to explore that

Hello everyone,
For the purpose of expanding my outreach and business I am interested in registering a llc in USA and getting a Bank account there as well. If any of the members here knows anyone who can help me out please connect. Thanks .

You can register an LLC in Wyoming or Delaware
New Mexico and Nevada are used for the same purpose as above, too. Differences are in pricing / costs, reputability (a little bit) and what businesses are evt. not welcome.
using some services like Firstbase | Start and grow a US business from anywhere and then open a bank account for the LLC using Mercury Bank, Brex, Relay & others.
You can find various suitable options for a US LLC in discussions here US neo-banks List [For Non-Residents LLCs] and here Mercury, TryNovel, or something else?. In addition: Especially for some use-cases, Bancoli can help as well. You can try Levro, too.

The problem is Mercury bank and other similar fintech platforms are not reliable.
I think that they can work pretty reliable for you – if you adhere to the rules :)

Nope, all the services that let you register the LLC then advise you to open with Mercury and the others.
Well, there are some exceptions...
However, if anyone offers any nominee services i would love to explore that
Do you need a nominee – or just to register a LLC and get a bank account?
Is there any entity which does it all? Like offers a one window operation wherein they do the registration and a Bank account both.
I might be able to connect you with one such a provider (it's not my service but I know them well and was using them in the past); but I need to know more about your business (what you are doing) and the financial flows that you expect (they do not work with everyone).
Could you share it here or should I contact you via PM?

Today I opened a business bank account at Bank of America for my US LLC as non US resident, it was very straightforward. You need EIN and personal ITIN number and US address, a lease agreement from virtual office is enough, you can't apply online as non us resident and need to go the bank branch in person. They didn't ask for any documents about nature of my business.

New Mexico and Nevada are used for the same purpose as above, too. Differences are in pricing / costs, reputability (a little bit) and what businesses are evt. not welcome.

You can find various suitable options for a US LLC in discussions here US neo-banks List [For Non-Residents LLCs] and here Mercury, TryNovel, or something else?. In addition: Especially for some use-cases, Bancoli can help as well. You can try Levro, too.

I think that they can work pretty reliable for you – if you adhere to the rules :)

Well, there are some exceptions...

Do you need a nominee – or just to register a LLC and get a bank account?

I might be able to connect you with one such a provider (it's not my service but I know them well and was using them in the past); but I need to know more about your business (what you are doing) and the financial flows that you expect (they do not work with everyone).
Could you share it here or should I contact you via PM?
Can you pm me the details.

and where do you get that from if you are not a US citzens ?
For EIN you have to file form SS-4 (even if not US citizen) and can obtain one from the IRS.

Usually services like the one I reported (Firstbase) do this for you.

You would need an ITIN only if you receive some US-sourced income that is not subject to Withholding tax and you have to pay taxes on it.

For example, I have a single-member disregarded US LLC with a Brex account and I have cash invested in Brex (monetary market funds), and I receive monthly dividends.

Although the income of my LLC is not FDAP or ETBUS thus not subject to taxes in the US, I had to obtain a personal ITIN number to report and pay taxes for the dividends I receive from Brex (and reported by Brex on form 1099-DIV) since Brex does not apply any withholding taxes and that income is considered FDAP, thus subject to US taxes.

Reactions: uplana and Forester
Dividends are FDAP so why you said that income of your LLC is not FDAP?
The main income of my LLC is not related to dividends, dividends are only a small portion. I receive income from the services I provided outside of the US without any US facility or employees.

Then the money I receive from my business are invested in a money market fund and let me earn dividends and only those dividends are FDAP and on them I pay the taxes owed to the IRS.

You don't need ITIN, only EIN to open a company bank account.
The lady at Bank of America asked for my ITIN, I called all major US banks like Wells Fargo, TD Bank etc and they all said I need an ITIN
and where do you get that from if you are not a US citzens ?
I used service providers from fiverr, it's easy to get it only issue it can take up to 4-6 weeks

The lady at Bank of America asked for my ITIN, I called all major US banks like Wells Fargo, TD Bank etc and they all said I need an ITIN

I used service providers from fiverr, it's easy to get it only issue it can take up to 4-6 weeks
Have you been able to open a personal non-resident account with ITIN at Bank of America or Wells Fargo?

May I ask what branch have you visited if you opened in person?

For EIN you have to file form SS-4 (even if not US citizen) and can obtain one from the IRS.

Usually services like the one I reported (Firstbase) do this for you.

You would need an ITIN only if you receive some US-sourced income that is not subject to Withholding tax and you have to pay taxes on it.

For example, I have a single-member disregarded US LLC with a Brex account and I have cash invested in Brex (monetary market funds), and I receive monthly dividends.

Although the income of my LLC is not FDAP or ETBUS thus not subject to taxes in the US, I had to obtain a personal ITIN number to report and pay taxes for the dividends I receive from Brex (and reported by Brex on form 1099-DIV) since Brex does not apply any withholding taxes and that income is considered FDAP, thus subject to US taxes.
Thank you very much for this excellent explanation, it is very helpful.

Reactions: OffshorePhantom
Reactions: OffshorePhantom