Our valued sponsor

LLC or LTD for a citizen of China and frenquent traveller to EU countries?

I'm planning to incorporate a web/app business that I believe the majority of users, if I do manage to have some, will come from the US. The web/App will charge service fees and may also do some affiliate marketing, but may also sell some physical products at a later stage. The web/App is a collaboration with an European university (in the Netherlands), it's fully legitimate, but I don't think we'll get a lot of users from the NL and I don't plan to bother with translating to another language.

Incorporating in the NL is expensive and I don't see too much benefit from it. I don't understand a lot of Dutch myself, dealing with the tax office could be an unnecessary burden.

Would a US LLC or UK LTD be a better choice for me? I may work in the NL or Belgian next year for 6-12 months and may very likely extend my stay. I'm cool with a reputable EMI provider, will Wise accept either setup?

The web/App is a de facto one man show at this stage, with the help of contract and occasional remote workers. It will likely remain so in the foreseeable future. If I do need to hire someone in a brick-and-mortal office, I would prefer to have an office in UK/NL rather than the US.

Last edited: