Our valued sponsor

Locate Airbnb / Booking.com incomes offshore

express

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I own 2 small units that I rent 4 monthes/y for short stays to tourists
Instead of providing my own fiscal number (I'm resident) I was thinking using a company that doesn't tax these incomes, do you think these platforms would accept to be provided company fiscal number outside the country?
Any good suggestion ?
Thanks

Usually tax domicile is determined by physical presence - either yours or your assets.
If there is an apartment in let's say Barcelona, you cannot claim the apartment income is non-resident income.

It is possible to own an apartment via a company (Ltd/LLC) instead owned by you directly. That has some benefits, such as privacy - for taxes in most countries you will be worse off with a local company because the income will be taxed twice (as in compared to only once when owned directly) and if owned by a foreign company, that will not work.

Okay, that wasn't mentioned at all in the original question...

So you own apartments yourself and you want to use their rent as a deductable expense for your companies (and an income for you personally).

No problem with that, also Airbnb and Booking.com has absolutely no power or no right to tell you what "fiscal number" you want to use for that.
That is your stuff and none of their business.

You touched exactly the point : once you provide as a company fiscal number and contract establishing this company as official tenant of the place, how deep can Airbnb go to ask further justification to the owner?

This allows to save taxes at the end because only the rent to company will be declared in France. Company income can be located elsewhere (where can be best?)

once you provide as a company fiscal number and contract establishing this company as official tenant of the place, how deep can Airbnb go to ask further justification to the owner?

Airbnb is handing over data to local taxmans. I don't think airbnb would care to harass an owner but who knows.

You touched exactly the point : once you provide as a company fiscal number and contract establishing this company as official tenant of the place, how deep can Airbnb go to ask further justification to the owner?

This allows to save taxes at the end because only the rent to company will be declared in France. Company income can be located elsewhere (where can be best?)
Rent your appartments to a company in a foreign country, and let the foreign company gain the big income. Then your foreign company needs an offshore shareholder to deduct the bigger income, so that in the offshore your money accumulates.

Positive aspects:
you pay less taxes

negative aspects:
your money cannot be transfered to your local bank account and you need to set up a international company structure.

@GCM Welcome to the forum. I hope you realize the post you replied to was over 2 years old.

Anyway enjoy your stay thu&¤#.

Latest Threads