Our valued sponsor

Luxembourg company for car registration

Marc Jacob

May 30, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone, got a request from one of my customer regarding the registration of a Lux company for owning sport cars, from what i see, it looks more suitable to register a SARL-S (Société à responsabilité limitée simplifiée). Has anyone experienced the incoporation of a lux company for this purpose ?

Use Gibraltar that is the country people use to register sports cars in Europe outside their home country ;)

On second thoughts this brexit nonsense might upset that business.

Use Gibraltar that is the country people use to register sports cars in Europe outside their home country ;)

On second thoughts this brexit nonsense might upset that business.

Thanks for the tip Martin, the guys don't want to go too far for the technical inspection. Plus, they just want to lower a bit the registration fees and to find an... insurance (became kind of hard those days in France for such cars).

Offshore car registration is not as straight-forward and practical, when compared to planes and ships.

Jealous neighbors or even colleagues and business partners who see that LU plate all throughout the year can screw you.

In regards to SARL-S, I see no point. The owners can only be natural persons, corporate ownership is not possible. It's an inferior solution to SARL if you want to introduce another layer of ownership for more privacy. For real SARL, you must only put up a little more capital which you can afford.

@Martin Everson

I fully agree Gibraltar is a no-go zone until Brexit affairs are a little more clear. It's not impossible that Gibraltar will vote for Spanish control. Currently, they want to stay in the UK (90%+ support), but things can change rapidly when the border closes and the UK is not there to negotiate on their behalf from within the EU. They also voted (90%+ support) to remain in the EU, so it can come to a point where they're given one of two options.

Which option is better for Gibraltar? If I lived in Gibraltar, I'd probably vote for Spain under the following (most likely) conditions.

1. Become a part of Spain:
- When Spain allows Gibraltar to stay a special zone with business-friendly laws and regulation. Spain is high tax, high regulation, but then again, they have special zones like Ceuta and Melilla :)
- The border remains open. Gib-Esp mixed families can visit one-another without problems; well fed Gib bureaucrats can comfortably live in their Spanish villas
- Full EUEA access through Spanish membership

2. Stay in the UK despite:
- UK treating them like crap by not inviting them to negotiations with Madrid
- Closed border. Family drama; commuter issues; the bureaucrats must get by in much smaller condos/houses
- Zero, or highly conditional EUEA access through the EU-UK treaty which could take years to achieve. EU-Canada deal took 10 years.

Right now, Madrid has an unprecedented opportunity to take full control of Gibraltar after more than 300 years. The only mistake they can make is to force all Spanish tax rates and regulations on Gibraltar which would reduce the place to a nasty rat nest like Algeciras.

For the UK, assuming they crash out without a treaty, the best deal is to try and sell Gibraltar to Spain to get some money out of it before it's gone for free.

The Swiss can solve that for you, but you are really not supposed to have a foreign registered car in France for more than 3 months at a time (Doublecheck time limitation). Car in your personal name, not in company ... insurance no issue.

Which option is better for Gibraltar? If I lived in Gibraltar, I'd probably vote for Spain under the following (most likely) conditions.

Good question. If I was from Gibraltar I would think deep and hard about their status and the next 100 years. The UK's demise seems to be continuing with no abating. Their industry is financial services and gambling. These are both reliant on access to EU. Gibraltar don't produce anything or have anything else other than brokering some oil sales...lol. Even without single market access they would become a vessel state and be a rule taker closely align with EU rules. This is something even the Caribbean have been forced to become by EU and they are 1000's of miles away. Gibraltar won't even be able to look at Spain wrongly without slowdowns at the border suddenly happening. Spain really won't care about about 8000 low paid Spanish laborers loosing their Gibraltar jobs as the Spanish population is much bigger than that.

Although option 1 is unpalatable for the vast majority of Gibraltarians. I would go for this with let say a 40-50 year transition period where Gibraltar financial and political autonomy can remain in place. This will allow time for the older generation to die off and the new generation to get used to the future. Sadly if they choose option 2 there is no way Spain would allow any deep and meaningful EU trade deal to be struck with Gibraltar/UK with what they call a UK "colony". The future issue will be more contentious than the current Northern Ireland backstop with brexit.

P.S Sorry to go off topic but interesting subject.

Well the EU is looking more and more like USSR

That's the end goal. One super state with solidarity and eventually collective demise.

Reactions: Cetme308win
Gibraltar's interest to the UK is it's mediterranean coast access giving them right to fish along their coast. I don't see any circumstances of them forfeiting that land unless there is some sort of revolt from it's citizen.

Latest Threads