Our valued sponsor

Made a HUGE mistake in my life, Need Serious Advice (long post warning)

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into your suggestions esp Germany. Not sure I have enough grounds for asylum though as I'm not really facing prosecution or *wanted* yet BUT if I go back to my country I know for sure they'll be coming for me for MONEY and if I refuse then we have to go to court and face the whole thing again.

Thank you for your reply. Do you have examples of this and resources I can look into

Thanks for the reply Johnny - I get what you mean but to be honest at this point after experiencing prison once I'd rather opt for the former if it comes to that. Yes I can get a lawyer this time and the charge definitely allows for bail but it'll be YEARS of being stuck in the country (they take your passport when you get bail) with no guarantee of a resolution, and there's always a risk of losing the case.

Though you are right 100k goes a long way in my country. If I were to do this it would be to drag out all the cases for years and get the lawyer to strike plea deals to pay the fines or approach the victims one by one and pay them off to get them to drop the cases.

Thank you, Jafo. Yes I can give you his details if you'd like.

I will look into Reddit and seek a solution. I have 4+ years to find a solution so let's see.

I mean, there is still a SLIGHT chance (need a miracle) that after 5 years none of the officers will bother to put me on wanted and I'd still be able to renew my passport, and do that perpetually, it's just important for me to stay out of the country so that I don't have to keep paying them off.
Your passport can easily be cancelled for money laundering.

In addition in the UK they've actually started making citizens non-citizens (revoking citizenship).

what happens if my current passport expires prior to obtaining the citizenship?
Friends wife is Polish, her passport had long expired whilst living in the UK where she had no actual residency.

Brexit occurred and the Gov gave sweeping rights to remain.

I'd imagine its the same in any other country when lived there for so long (though i didn't believe getting citizenship in China was possible).

One thing I will say is if you are a fugitive from the law, you should go home.
It will eventually catch up with you, perhaps then you have children, a wife, etc...

Extradition can be harder to avoid, so plan ahead for that eventuality when choosing your new country. First, a crime has to be a crime in both countries for extradition to be approved. If being a money mule isn't in the penal code of your new country, you're good to stay. Second, the local statute of limitations works to your benefit even when there's no statute of limitations on crimes in your home country. When (not if) the case gets too old under the rules of your new country, extradition won't be granted. The devil is in the details, so do your homework and get competent local advice. Third, often countries don't extradite for minor crimes. If local law considers your crime to not merit anything above -- for instance -- two years of prison time, extradition isn't granted. And finally, if in spite of all this you somehow get caught in a spot where neither situation applies, there's also a chance that you'll be able to beat extradition on the merit of the case itself. But this if iffy: Not all countries will actually review the particulars of the charges, as they follow a mixed system (known as the "Belgian" rule) whereby any such evaluation falls exclusively under the purview of the requesting country.
This is interesting.

I knew that if A) doesn't believe X to be a crime then there is no extradition (hence Dubai became the conman's enclave), but wasn't aware if X has a statute of limitations in A and such has expired, then there's no extradition rights also.

Hello Jackson, thank you very much for creating an account just to reply to this thread. I've been blown away by the response from fellow forum members. Was not what I was expecting at all. People from all walks of life giving their take on the situation, which has given me ideas and directions I didn't even know was possible. To be frank I was at a very desperate time when I posted the thread but I'm starting to see a bit of hope.

Alright, so I've read your post - and understand that you too have been a similar position. So you know how bad prison is and why I'd want to avoid even the most unlikely scenario where I'd have a tiny chance of ending up there again.

Would you mind if I ask what region of the world you were from (just roughly)? for context.

If I understand correctly, what you did was lay low, drag it out and ultimately - did you manage to get citizenship in another country?

I'm pretty confident being able to get residency right now at this point of time, it's just what happens when the passport expires. Hence my frantic search for a path for citizenship somewhere. I have about 4 years to go till my passport expires.

Right now I'm being extra careful not to overstay (That would be bad) as I haven't found the place that I would ultimately want to settle in, if it comes to that.

Since you have experience in South America, do you have specific suggestions on which country and how I should work towards that given the 4 year timeline?

And with this plan of action, would it mean being stuck to one country/region forever?

Really appreciate your insights by the way!

Thanks, Jafo. Yeah LATAM seems to be a recurring theme here, will research more.

Taking it one day at a time - praying in the morning, working in the afternoon, and researching at night.
Has anyone considered that fact.

For forum participants
1) aiding and abetting a known fugitive (self styled) from the law.

For the perp.
2) bouncing around countries will fill your passport pages quicker than you have till expiry.

Hi Marie, yes - as of now I still can (renounce)

The hard part is getting that CBI citizenship as the ones I've researched thus far all require an Original Police Clearance letter from the home country.

Still researching every day though, hope to find something!
I'd have to call BS.

You'd have to renounce in a Embassy or similar, if a fugitive as described.... you'd be arrested the moment you entered the grounds, if you didn't enter, you'd have a extradition just by informing your country where you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: bingbong
Your passport can easily be cancelled for money laundering.

In addition in the UK they've actually started making citizens non-citizens (revoking citizenship).

Friends wife is Polish, her passport had long expired whilst living in the UK where she had no actual residency.

Brexit occurred and the Gov gave sweeping rights to remain.

I'd imagine its the same in any other country when lived there for so long (though i didn't believe getting citizenship in China was possible).

One thing I will say is if you are a fugitive from the law, you should go home.
It will eventually catch up with you, perhaps then you have children, a wife, etc...

This is interesting.

I knew that if A) doesn't believe X to be a crime then there is no extradition (hence Dubai became the conman's enclave), but wasn't aware if X has a statute of limitations in A and such has expired, then there's no extradition rights also.

For forum participants

For the perp.
2) bouncing around countries will fill your passport pages quicker than you have till expiry.

I'd have to call BS.

You'd have to renounce in a Embassy or similar, if a fugitive as described.... you'd be arrested the moment you entered the grounds, if you didn't enter, you'd have a extradition just by informing your country where you are.
Hi Wellington yea you're right that I have to do it in an embassy or similar. As mentioned either I do it now and become stateless immediately which is risky like you said and unwise strategically, or not do it at all.

Just to paint a clearer picture - I haven't been charged with anything, i.e. not "wanted" as I've never skipped a court hearing. So I can actually go back with no issues at the gate, after that incident I've actually passed roadblocks with ID checks no issues. It's the 40+ officers that want me to "record a statement", granted they'll probably proceed with a charge (and no there's no option to "remain silent before your lawyer arrives") and they also occasionally come to the house to either get their bribes failing which they may or may not escalate to then put me on wanted (in which point yes I do officially become a fugitive).

What this means is yes I possibly could go back home with no issues. But the reason I left is in the odd chance they do restrict my travel status, I'd like to be OUT of the country if that happens. I'm doing this way in advance.

You bring up a good point about the possible risk of the well-meaning, experienced forum participants who have given me valuable advice that I don't think I could have gotten from regular forums or groups, which I've been really touched by.

So if from hereon if any member expresses his/her concern regarding this I'll remove the thread immediately in respect, just let me know (in the replies or PM)

AFAIK you cannot revoke your only passport and become stateless.
You first have to get a new citizenship.
In theory true. In practice, if the passport is revoked, what are you going to do? Go cry to the UN?
See for an egregious example of human rights protection in the EU the “non citizens” of baltoid countries.

In theory true. In practice, if the passport is revoked, what are you going to do? Go cry to the UN?
See for an egregious example of human rights protection in the EU the “non citizens” of baltoid countries.
Friend is Indian descent living in Kenya, has no citizenship in Kenya, has no citizenship in India, has no British Citizenship... does business out of Dubai where he has some form of 'visa'.

Only doc from a state (except UAE) is a piece of paper (literally) from the British Gov giving him the ability to travel (not a 1 time travel doc).

Friend is Indian descent living in Kenya, has no citizenship in Kenya, has no citizenship in India, has no British Citizenship... does business out of Dubai where he has some form of 'visa'.

Only doc from a state (except UAE) is a piece of paper (literally) from the British Gov giving him the ability to travel (not a 1 time travel doc).
Not an uncommon situation in so called “third world countries”.
But democratic and freedom defender EU?

Reactions: lmd95 and bingbong
This is interesting.

It follows the same principle of needing to be a crime in both the requesting and requested countries. The technicality here is that once the statute of limitations kicks in under the laws of just one of the two countries, the subject is no longer considered a criminal there: If they wouldn't be able to prosecute, they also won't extradite.

But this is where expert counsel is imperative before choosing where to attempt this play. It isn't uncommon for statutes of limitations to be suspended while the suspect is "in flight", a fugitive. Where that is the case in both countries, the rule of dual criminality will then still be satisfied. And even where the opposite is true and a statute of limitations DOES bar extradition, it doesn't impede expulsion or deportation.

become stateless immediately which is risky like you said and unwise strategically
Don't. Will just muddy the waters, assuming your country will even allow you to renounce. Another big if.

I haven't been charged with anything, i.e. not "wanted" as I've never skipped a court hearing.

The right time to get the ball rolling on a foreign permanent residency that'll lead to a second citizenship is BEFORE being declared a fugitive. Otherwise travel becomes immensely harder and so does dealing with the necessary officialdom abroad.

This is the real time issue here, rather than the four left left until passport expiry.

If the situation does go south, you'll already be settled in such a way that there are no grounds for deportation (and won't be doing anything to merit expulsion either.) Will likely also be safe from extradition, assuming affairs are arranged along the lines of what this thread already touched upon.

Fingers crossed, it won't escalate to that and you will never be declared a fugitive. But taking precautions is prudent in such a sticky situation: Pray for the best while preparing for the worst. In return for what is mostly a time investment, the payout will be an extra citizenship with a legal passport --renewable for life-- from a safer country that doubles as a bolthole to live in, if needed, and which offers uncomplicated, fairly wide visa free travel. The Mercosur countries fit the bill, and there are obviously also other options.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo and bingbong
How's the business environment there? If say I were to incorporate for my design business and run it there, physically.
You mean web design? Local business enviorment is pretty bad so I wouldn't recommend it. Taxes are high and there are heavy capital controls (there are elections in 2 weeks so it may change but I don't know, it's pretty unstable right now lol). It's better to work online with a US LLC or similar.

If you want a more business friendly country I would take a look at Uruguay or Paraguay. Uruguay citizenship may be worth exploring but I think it takes longer than Argentina.

Maybe first Argentina, get the citizenship and then reevaluate. With the local Mercosur ID you can easily get residency on Paraguay or Uruguay. You can even get another citizenship this way.

Reactions: jafo and bingbong
With money you could go to Georgia in the Caucasus and stay there for a long time. There are tons of ways to buy a passport in Europe if you have the funds but it will be expensive.

Cheapest is probably Dominica. You can also try Russia by moving there and paying taxes as entrepreneur or maybe Kazachstan. Macedonia is also an option and you have the benefit of being able to put your money intk a fund.

Depending on how international your crimes were though, be aware that Interpol can come into play and once you're on red notice you're locked in / unable to use airports.

It follows the same principle of needing to be a crime in both the requesting and requested countries. The technicality here is that once the statute of limitations kicks in under the laws of just one of the two countries, the subject is no longer considered a criminal there: If they wouldn't be able to prosecute, they also won't extradite.

But this is where expert counsel is imperative before choosing where to attempt this play. It isn't uncommon for statutes of limitations to be suspended while the suspect is "in flight", a fugitive. Where that is the case in both countries, the rule of dual criminality will then still be satisfied. And even where the opposite is true and a statute of limitations DOES bar extradition, it doesn't impede expulsion or deportation.

Don't. Will just muddy the waters, assuming your country will even allow you to renounce. Another big if.

The right time to get the ball rolling on a foreign permanent residency that'll lead to a second citizenship is BEFORE being declared a fugitive. Otherwise travel becomes immensely harder and so does dealing with the necessary officialdom abroad.

This is the real time issue here, rather than the four left left until passport expiry.

If the situation does go south, you'll already be settled in such a way that there are no grounds for deportation (and won't be doing anything to merit expulsion either.) Will likely also be safe from extradition, assuming affairs are arranged along the lines of what this thread already touched upon.

Fingers crossed, it won't escalate to that and you will never be declared a fugitive. But taking precautions is prudent in such a sticky situation: Pray for the best while preparing for the worst. In return for what is mostly a time investment, the payout will be an extra citizenship with a legal passport --renewable for life-- from a safer country that doubles as a bolthole to live in, if needed, and which offers uncomplicated, fairly wide visa free travel. The Mercosur countries fit the bill, and there are obviously also other options.
Yes I agree time is of the essence and as a poster above mentioned, the pages on my passport will run out eventually - especially at the frequency I'm travelling at, which is monthly! I feel I should plan my Mercosur journey sooner rather than later, get that 2 year countdown started.

This few months (max 6) will be solely focused on accumulating capital for travel and expenses. Wouldn't want to be there low on cash - it's far far away from any friends or family. Once I'm there, there'll be no more hopping around so it's imperative to line things up before saying my final goodbyes and heading off.

You mean web design? Local business enviorment is pretty bad so I wouldn't recommend it. Taxes are high and there are heavy capital controls (there are elections in 2 weeks so it may change but I don't know, it's pretty unstable right now lol). It's better to work online with a US LLC or similar.

If you want a more business friendly country I would take a look at Uruguay or Paraguay. Uruguay citizenship may be worth exploring but I think it takes longer than Argentina.

Maybe first Argentina, get the citizenship and then reevaluate. With the local Mercosur ID you can easily get residency on Paraguay or Uruguay. You can even get another citizenship this way.
Argentina and Brazil are top of my list right now.

Was just curious as to whether it'd be wise to incorporate and actually operate there, hence a valid reason to apply for residency.

Am also prospecting potential jobs in the region where the employer could assist with application of said residency, and it's a safety net in the case business is suddenly down, at least I can sustain myself there. (Worst case scenario)

With money you could go to Georgia in the Caucasus and stay there for a long time. There are tons of ways to buy a passport in Europe if you have the funds but it will be expensive.

Cheapest is probably Dominica. You can also try Russia by moving there and paying taxes as entrepreneur or maybe Kazakhstan. Macedonia is also an option and you have the benefit of being able to put your money intk a fund.

Depending on how international your crimes were though, be aware that Interpol can come into play and once you're on red notice you're locked in / unable to use airports.
Hi Cavaliere, thanks for your input - first time I've seen Kazakhstan brought up, will check it out.

I actually have no idea who the victims are and from where they originate. The 2 that I went to court for were local, but don't know about the others.

I've been checking every day on my country's travel status website and so far (knock on wood) it's still green.

Last edited:

For forum participants
If he was from the US, I would worry and would NEVER comment, but from an Asian country, I'm NOT the least worried. The self-preservation of the cops, Asian prosecutor, and judge (the last 2 will not come ever into play in this low-level case) takes precedence over trying to "attempt" to bully a few "Viking men" brainstorming on a non-public case in which the defendant has not formally been indicted.
Hi Wellington yea you're right that I have to do it in an embassy or similar. As mentioned either I do it now and become stateless immediately which is risky like you said and unwise strategically, or not do it at all.
Why are you renouncing? Who told you this would solve your problem? If that were the case every Tom, Dick, and Harry would renounce and be immune to prosecution/persecution. :rolleyes:

Do NOT call attention to yourself. Renouncing citizenship puts undue attention on you. It's worse than a divorce, IMHO. Imagine divorcing your wife of +20 years and leaving her for a younger woman (i.e. new country). You expect her to take it "calmy" just because conmen (that WILL grift you for +50% of your wealth) created some rules called "divorce laws"? She'll want BLOOD! The ONLY way she will accept it is if SHE has found a younger, richer, more educated, better-looking partner. Then she'll tell you to "stay calm" and follow the "divorce laws". rof/%
Stop being naïve! Your grandparents & parents didn't disclose to you the horrors and unfairness of the world, but now, right now, it stops here. No more excuses. Mine didn't either, but I had a "neighbor" who did! He planted the seed.

As you noticed, there are PLENTY of us here that KNOW what you did and it's NOT really a big crime as far as felonies go. You were used & abused! *BUT* you deserved it! It would take me too long to explain it here. Just accept that ***Any & all punishment for a gullible person is NEVER enough***. Within the walls of law enforcement, they would refer to you as being an INVOLUNTARY SCAPEGOAT driven by GREED!

Now buckle up! You were a low-level involuntary scapegoat! There will be NO Interpol Red Notice. None! Of course, do NOT post ANYTHING on social media that can be linked back to you *and* that is offensive to the victims, legislators, courts, cops, prosecutors etc etc. Don't be a Julian Assange or Edward Snowden. (I like & support what they did, but I wouldn't personally do it though). In essence, look at the next image, and maybe @Jacksonhole can share with you its meaning, but it should be self-explanatory ;)
1699204772616.png

Furthermore, watch this next video, and maybe join Mark Rober's courses - I have been enrolled in his course since day 1 but I'm also an engineering graduate -, so you can redeem yourself and go after Andy. Consider your pursuit of Andy a court-mandated "community service" in case one day a parent or sibling is sick and you need to go back home to face the music. You will arrive so well-armed that even the "prosecutorial" grifters in "law" can see you did your utmost best to right the wrongs you committed when malevolent & opportunistic individuals took advantage of your gullibility at the time when you were young, trusting, & naïve.

Pranks Destroy Scam Callers- GlitterBomb Payback by Mark Rober

Good luck!

Reactions: Jacksonhole

Sounds like the safest route for OP is to keep paying off the police that comes his way in his home country, until he gets a permanent residency, or better yet, citizenship elsewhere?

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Sounds like the safest route for OP is to keep paying off the police that comes his way in his home country, until he gets a permanent residency, or better yet, citizenship elsewhere?
Nope. That's another crime OP will be adding to his low-level charges. When internal affairs lock these corrupt cops up, and they will, these corrupt cops will snitch on OP to reduce their sentence.

OP needs to come up with a SAD, desperate, & convincing story that scares the living bejesus out of these corrupt cops so they forget about him and avoid him at all costs! Corrupt cops are dastardly weaklings & are all about self-preservation. They are looking for victims, not victims working with international law enforcement to track down Andy! Those corrupt cops want NONE of that smoke! They don't want to be on the local news.

cc. @bingbong

Nope. That's another crime OP will be adding to his low-level charges. When internal affairs lock these corrupt cops up, and they will, these corrupt cops will snitch on OP to reduce their sentence.
If there was an effective internal affairs department that regularly locks up corrupt cops, it wouldn't be possible to pay off cops.

This is again the fallacy to think the whole world operates like Germany. Most of the world has corrupt cops, and corrupt cops will not get caught, and corrupt countries will stay corrupt - anything else is highly unusual.

If there was an effective internal affairs department that regularly locks up corrupt cops, it wouldn't be possible to pay off cops.

This is again the fallacy to think the whole world operates like Germany. Most of the world has corrupt cops, and corrupt cops will not get caught, and corrupt countries will stay corrupt - anything else is highly unusual.
You are 100% correct, but corrupt cops do get busted from time to time as scapegoats too in every country of the world, so they are aware of it. When international pressure mounts, the people are the bottom get sacrificed...and corrupt cops are at the bottom ;)

Also, as someone mentioned here: Offshore... Where to establish new company.

AI can expose so many corrupt public officials that it is being "curbed"...

Last edited:
these corrupt cops will snitch on OP to reduce their sentence
If they are paid in cash, why would they snitch? The only reason those cops would get locked up is due to internal conflicts within clans - that's how corrupt countries work. Some of their workplace competitors would work to find evidence to lock them up, and begging for justice would not help them! Likely they'd feel glad to have taken enough bribes to last their families a while, while they are in prison.

Reactions: jafo
Good morning everyone! @jafo thanks for the words of encouragement, I needed it, And yes it's time to buckle up, not a second to be wasted. I asked ChatGPT what the quote means - yeah after studying more I realize that play would be unwise, I was panicking lol all cards were on the table - my country's passport is actually really strong and I should leverage it in my plans while it's still valid.

@elcontestador yea those paid in cash are unlikely to get caught. Historically in my country it's the large-scale corporations and government officials that get locked up, and yes it usually happens when internal conflicts within clans occur OR the case has gotten so much international press that the gov has to do something to maintain their facade.

When I was in prison we would regularly see the gov. officials who were convicted - wearing regular clothes, uncuffed, staying in the nice air-conditioned sick bays and regularly being smuggled in and out by the police.

I find westerners generally can't relate to living in a country where corruption is engrained in its DNA. Everything from passing your driving license, to random extortionary roadblocks. "Freedom of Speech", "Equality Under The Law", "Property Rights", "Right To Remain Silent" - these technically exist in the constitution but selectively practiced and granted on a discretionary basis depending who holds you rights at that particular moment.

Rights? Like how they didn't allow me to make a single phone call in prison (had to use other means)

Rights? Like how we were cuffed to a beam and hit with PVC pipes on the feet because it wouldn't leave a mark, (Living quarters don't have CCTV by the way) just because one of the cell mates didn't wash their tray properly.

Rights? Like how one of the court translators before the hearing, brought us to a separate room and hinted that we should "reward the judge well if we want a better outcome"

If you've watched any Michael Malice's interviews you'll hear him say : The fact that you live in a country where human life doesn't matter AND YOU KNOW IT. It's something that one cannot fathom unless lived.

In court, the judge didn't even hear me out. All categories of crimes were lumped together and we were all handcuffed in a line, processed in less than a minute like cattle. She was like 5 years, 3 months, 4 months. If only judges, as part of their training had to experience the horrors of an Asian prison for a week, to help them sentence proportionally based on the severity of the crime.

They could have hauled me from court to court nationwide, and sentence under one case and be done with it. They could have charged me while I was in prison and I could have sit for them in prison time or pay a fine - ONCE. But no, they waited for the week I came out and one by one they came to ask for money for the "pending" cases.

THIS is why I don't want to go back.

Good morning everyone! @jafo thanks for the words of encouragement, I needed it, And yes it's time to buckle up, not a second to be wasted. I asked ChatGPT what the quote means - yeah after studying more I realize that play would be unwise, I was panicking lol all cards were on the table - my country's passport is actually really strong and I should leverage it in my plans while it's still valid.

@elcontestador yea those paid in cash are unlikely to get caught. Historically in my country it's the large-scale corporations and government officials that get locked up, and yes it usually happens when internal conflicts within clans occur OR the case has gotten so much international press that the gov has to do something to maintain their facade.

When I was in prison we would regularly see the gov. officials who were convicted - wearing regular clothes, uncuffed, staying in the nice air-conditioned sick bays and regularly being smuggled in and out by the police.

I find westerners generally can't relate to living in a country where corruption is engrained in its DNA. Everything from passing your driving license, to random extortionary roadblocks. "Freedom of Speech", "Equality Under The Law", "Property Rights", "Right To Remain Silent" - these technically exist in the constitution but selectively practiced and granted on a discretionary basis depending who holds you rights at that particular moment.

Rights? Like how they didn't allow me to make a single phone call in prison (had to use other means)

Rights? Like how we were cuffed to a beam and hit with PVC pipes on the feet because it wouldn't leave a mark, (Living quarters don't have CCTV by the way) just because one of the cell mates didn't wash their tray properly.

Rights? Like how one of the court translators before the hearing, brought us to a separate room and hinted that we should "reward the judge well if we want a better outcome"

If you've watched any Michael Malice's interviews you'll hear him say : The fact that you live in a country where human life doesn't matter AND YOU KNOW IT. It's something that one cannot fathom unless lived.

In court, the judge didn't even hear me out. All categories of crimes were lumped together and we were all handcuffed in a line, processed in less than a minute like cattle. She was like 5 years, 3 months, 4 months. If only judges, as part of their training had to experience the horrors of an Asian prison for a week, to help them sentence proportionally based on the severity of the crime.

They could have hauled me from court to court nationwide, and sentence under one case and be done with it. They could have charged me while I was in prison and I could have sit for them in prison time or pay a fine - ONCE. But no, they waited for the week I came out and one by one they came to ask for money for the "pending" cases.

THIS is why I don't want to go back.
Welcome! You are WIDE awake! I'm so happy to hear this!hap¤#" Now, let's get going! Take NO prisoners! ;)

I think you need to find a community of people that are going through a similar case, pool resources and get proper legal counsel and representation. Find your options, then face the music. You should only be charged for selling your bank accounts, not all of the fraud that happened. You can’t run forever, and facing the music will set you free. What country in SEA by the way?

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into your suggestions esp Germany. Not sure I have enough grounds for asylum though as I'm not really facing prosecution or *wanted* yet BUT if I go back to my country I know for sure they'll be coming for me for MONEY and if I refuse then we have to go to court and face the whole thing again.

Thank you for your reply. Do you have examples of this and resources I can look into

Thanks for the reply Johnny - I get what you mean but to be honest at this point after experiencing prison once I'd rather opt for the former if it comes to that. Yes I can get a lawyer this time and the charge definitely allows for bail but it'll be YEARS of being stuck in the country (they take your passport when you get bail) with no guarantee of a resolution, and there's always a risk of losing the case.

Though you are right 100k goes a long way in my country. If I were to do this it would be to drag out all the cases for years and get the lawyer to strike plea deals to pay the fines or approach the victims one by one and pay them off to get them to drop the cases.

Thank you, Jafo. Yes I can give you his details if you'd like.

I will look into Reddit and seek a solution. I have 4+ years to find a solution so let's see.

I mean, there is still a SLIGHT chance (need a miracle) that after 5 years none of the officers will bother to put me on wanted and I'd still be able to renew my passport, and do that perpetually, it's just important for me to stay out of the country so that I don't have to keep paying them off.
You could get residency in Dubai

Yea I've shared most of what I have on Andy with the cops.

The thing is they're not actually charging me with the scamming and even said they know I didn't do it, they're charging me under a different section of the law as a money mule.

And the worst thing is there can be a never-ending stream of cases as I don't know how many Andy or his clients have scammed. As I know now there's 50, 2 of which I've paid off - one with a fine and the other with jailtime AND a fine.

Thanks PT, I need some time to digest what you've said as it's a bit... extreme considering my papers are still valid and I have a couple of years to sort things out. I'm only 20+ , would I want to live my life that way for the rest of it? I'm not too sure...

I'm neither from the Philippines nor Thailand but have visited Thailand many times as a tourist. A plus I have is I'm ethnically (racially?) Chinese but get mistaken as a local everywhere I go so that helps if I were to go that route.

Appreciate your insights thus far.

I would add a couple of comments.

It seems to me that you are not learning the lessons you so well wrote, you keep making things worse and worse for yourself.
Now you want to come up with some other "quick solution" that is only going to make things worse! Much worse! You just don't learn from your own mistakes.

Have you thought that you can get arrested in any other country until they extradite you back to that country where the charges are standing? No need to answer.

You want to think long-term, you don't want to be running from the law, nobody likes that. And you must stop being ignorant, it's time to find a solution, not to run away to potentially bigger problems.

So, how long is the statute of limitations on these crimes? From now until then you want to try to solve the problem by getting a proper lawyer in the country where all this happened, and have him negotiate for you. Prosecutors will love to strike a deal before you disappear, and they have no way of holding you accountable.

I would forget about all those ideas of asylum, or anything that doesn't involve solving the problem, get a proper lawyer now, pay him, and strike a deal. Or wait in Brasil until the statute of limitations has run out.

Best of luck, and I hope you can stop making things much worse for yourself.