Our valued sponsor

Maerki Baumann Bank

They are a small and not exactly a hugely profitable bank. Maybe that's why the pivot to crypto. If they can only make 7.7m CHF on 10.2bn CHF of client assets they are desperate in my eyes. That's like a profit margin of 0.00075% on those assets :confused:. How can a bank be so unprofitable?

Maybe crypto is a game changer for them. Let us know how it goes :D.

Reactions: troubled soul
They are a small and not exactly a hugely profitable bank. Maybe that's why the pivot to crypto. If they can only make 7.7m CHF on 10.2bn CHF of client assets they are desperate in my eyes. That's like a profit margin of 0.00075% on those assets :confused:. How can a bank be so unprofitable?

Maybe crypto is a game changer for them. Let us know how it goes :D.
Being a privately owned company with 90% of the shares owned by two siblings, they can do whatever they want with it, and it is possible that they don’t want to book profits for a variety of reasons. So I wouldn’t consider this an indicator that the bank is desperate.

Being a privately owned company with 90% of the shares owned by two siblings, they can do whatever they want with it, and it is possible that they don’t want to book profits for a variety of reasons. So I wouldn’t consider this an indicator that the bank is desperate.
That ownership structure does not sound much confidence instilling.

Don't want to book profits...lol? Look at their gross income then doh948"". What they are doing is not earning much money sadly and they are not a startup. If as a bank you attract new assets but are unable to make money of it then what you are doing is being desperate just to win business sadly.

I hope crypto works out for them. They said it has attracted new younger clients to the bank
thu&¤#
. Hopefully they can make more margin on crypto.

P.S I think there is only a handful of family owned banks left in Switzerland. I remember two of the family owned Swiss banks I used to use disappeared on me i.e Frey and Hottinger...lol. And Hottinger was around since 1786.

Don't want to book profits...lol?

If I owned a bank I would keep profits low (on paper) and do other things to benefit from operations.

Look at their gross income then doh948"". What they are doing is not earning much money sadly and they are not a startup. If as a bank you attract new assets but are unable to make money of it then what you are doing is being desperate just to win business sadly.
Banking is supposed to be a dull business. We all know where those big profitable banks ended…
I hope crypto works out for them. They said it has attracted new younger clients to the bank
thu&¤#
. Hopefully they can make more margin on crypto.
It’s inevitable for banks to deal with crypto, this shows that they are not lagging behind.
P.S I think there is only a handful of family owned banks left in Switzerland. I remember two of the family owned Swiss banks I used to use disappeared on me i.e Frey and Hottinger...lol. And Hottinger was around since 1786.
I don’t know about those banks.
Last experience I had with a family owned bank was Meinl in Vienna, sad story cry&¤

• Haha
I am still in the account opening process, so far no issues.

Can anyone suggest another Swiss bank, possibly in Geneva, that at least answers to its potential customers?

Did you try this bank?

I don’t need a transaction-focused bank but a classic private bank

Did you try this bank?
I don’t think I qualify since I have nothing to do with the Arab world.

I don’t think I qualify since I have nothing to do with the Arab world.
As you mentioned earlier you are Switzerland Passport Holder for sure they will onboard you.

They provide Crypto Custody same like Seba Bank, Sygnum Bank and Swissquote just with the difference being more expensive - initial and ongoing KYC is heavy - Maerki Baumann seems to be the best deal from the Switzerland Private Banks while Swissquote is Retail but at least they leave you alone and not forcing you to invest in some structured products.

Latest Threads