Our valued sponsor

Many questions fired at me opening BVI corp, anyone else?

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Opened offshore companies previously, never experienced anything like this.

BVI corp offshore (i am non resident to UK/EU) so it makes sense to open offshore, but I'm being asked questions about funds (there are no funds as i am liquidating aa home and that has not yet occured), whether the company will absorb the funds and whether I shall be the benefiter, and a resume, etc etc never ending.

Anyone else experienced this, simply selling a property in asia, investing the funds post tax into the corp and then using the corp to buy a property in the UK possibly and invest in the stock market.

Forming a BVI company is a hell on earth for the average Joe, as @Sols said, it has been so for a long time. I believe since 2015 where it all began and where the BVI was fast to adopt the rules of the future.

If you ask me, look into a different jurisdiction like Delaware, New Mexico, Nevis, Bahamas, Cooks Islands so forth.

Unfortunately, BVI is ideal for UK Property ownership, otherwise i seriously would have.
Forming a BVI company is a hell on earth for the average Joe, as @Sols said, it has been so for a long time. I believe since 2015 where it all began and where the BVI was fast to adopt the rules of the future.

If you ask me, look into a different jurisdiction like Delaware, New Mexico, Nevis, Bahamas, Cooks Islands so forth.

Well, it seems its finally registered. Though the 'agent' has asked the following.

When you have chance, please also proceed to send us your original certified passport and original certified utility bill via post.

These should be sent to:

FAO (Agent)

AGENT Company Name
Agent Address

Has anyone ever come across this before? a Corporate Formation company asking for documents (hard copies) to be mailed to them after the company has been formed..., I'd not have issue but its the other-side of the world, and the entire point of starting a BVI is privacy, lastly I intend to obtain a second citizenship and own via that in due course, so not really comfortable giving a 3rd party a hard copy when they have a digital copy already.

All rather odd a BVI company formation compared to other jurisidictions.

Last edited: