Our valued sponsor

Metamask or Kraken or Binance - what's best?

Which platform is the best ?

• MetaMask

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Kraken

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Binance

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Other, please post which one!

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
if you use Ledger Live for example, they will know your IP address, all your balances, all your crypto addresses, all your transactions among other things. They claim they don't keep logs on it which I find dubious given the value of such informations.
Same thing for Metamask and many others.
When you send a transaction to a node without matter the wallet you use, the node provider will know your IP, you address, your balances and the transactions. It's called public information for a reason... The only way public information is not known by others, is by not using blockchain in the first place ;).

Now, if you mean they are honeypots because they save your addresses so they can show you stats and your overall balance I have bad news for you... 99% of wallets use RPC providers which all of them are also aggregators and by consequence they also save that information because is where those wallets take the information from.

Public information without PII is worthless btw

When I go over the reviews of Kraken , it must be a horrible company,

cant believe they got the most votes so far ..o_O

That must be an attack, there's plenty of reviews mentioning "recovery services". Kraken has the best customer support in existence.

@OP, Kraken for on and off ramping fiat.
Binance - KuCoin - OKX for shitcoins.
Exodus for a wallet (or build your own like some have).

When I go over the reviews of Kraken , it must be a horrible company,

cant believe they got the most votes so far ..o_O

don't know how about trustpilot reviews however for me Kraken is by far the most trustworthy player in the whole industry - fast and sensible support, very predictable customer experience, no glitches - after all those years I can only recommend

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
don't know how about trustpilot reviews however for me Kraken is by far the most trustworthy player in the whole industry - fast and sensible support, very predictable customer experience, no glitches - after all those years I can only recommend

yeah , this Kraken is top in many aspects

When you send a transaction to a node without matter the wallet you use, the node provider will know your IP, you address, your balances and the transactions. It's called public information for a reason... The only way public information is not known by others, is by not using blockchain in the first place ;).

Now, if you mean they are honeypots because they save your addresses so they can show you stats and your overall balance I have bad news for you... 99% of wallets use RPC providers which all of them are also aggregators and by consequence they also save that information because is where those wallets take the information from.

Public information without PII is worthless btw
So if I use Wasabi wallet, or Electrum wallet over Tor or Electrum Personal Server will anyone know my IP address? No.

Also the difference between Ledger Live and for example a classic "monocoin" wallet is that the latter will only know your balance of said coin whereas Ledger Live will know the balances of all the coins you hold. You basically centralize all the informations in one place, hence the honeypot reference that was made (and also when you bought your ledger with your real identity, they probably got your IP address so they can match it with the one in Ledger Live and now they can match all your balances with a real identity).

So if I use Wasabi wallet, or Electrum wallet over Tor or Electrum Personal Server will anyone know my IP address? No.
Like I said it's public information and believe it or not it will eventually be known, if not then read why the FBI has been able to get the IP from people using Tor multiple times (either by exploits, connecting activities or using internal Tor nodes)... But of course I don't think they will spend their resources in getting your few hundreds on BTC so at that point it's the same as you using a wallet that has an aggregator behind (using a local node to send the transaction is not relevant in the example I gave)

Full anonymity on the internet is a myth.

if you use Ledger Live for example, they will know your IP address, all your balances, all your crypto addresses, all your transactions among other things. They claim they don't keep logs on it which I find dubious given the value of such informations.
Same thing for Metamask and many others.
Only the tip of the iceberg:

Reactions: JohnLocke

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_122038_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_122038_Chrome.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 8