Our valued sponsor

Question Monzo & Starling Bank for Non UK Residents

yigitkerem

Jun 19, 2021
Turkey
Visit site
Both monzo and starling bank have a very similar information on their site.
6BD99F8C-0FE3-4CF4-8C6A-890A6B482DF5.jpeg
DA8BC491-4970-4444-B636-0402CBEB4779.jpeg

Does this mean with my virtual office address at UK, I can apply for both of these banks as a non UK resident or is tax residency something different?

Reactions: Singa and uplana
You will need a valid UK address for your UK company anyway, for substance purpose. I would setup something real there and then apply for the bank account, it may even be possible to get some sort of nominee director in the UK for that company.

I signed up for Monzo using a UK mail forwarding service. You can sign up as long as you can receive the debit card at a UK address. No other UK tie is needed (e.g. UK phone number, UK residence visa/ID, address proof, etc). I haven't tried Starling Bank.
woow how that possible? didn't they asked you for the 'Proof of address? ( bank statement, phone bill, gas bill ..etc) ? if yes , then how to come up with these docs since u dont live in UK ?
by the way, will I need a UK phone number?
thanks

woow how that possible? didn't they asked you for the 'Proof of address? ( bank statement, phone bill, gas bill ..etc) ? if yes , then how to come up with these docs since u dont live in UK ?
by the way, will I need a UK phone number?
thanks
No address proof is required, you just need a UK address to receive the card.

You don't need a UK number, I signed up three years ago with a Colombian number and my passport from a developed country.

See the requirements here

Reactions: khinkali
They clearly say that you need to "live in the UK" apart from having the UK address. So opening account but not living in UK would be a violation of this terms. Everything is fine until nobody is asking questions. Once they start asking questions about some proof of living in the UK by freezing assets temporarily, what will you deliver?

Latest Threads