Our valued sponsor

Move funds to US LLC to fool main CRS country?

I am planning to open a US LLC company in Wyoming through a nominee/agent.

I understood that the company can be anonymous to any other tax department outside the US
in countries where the US thinks you are a non-resident.

Can anyone tell me if this set up will work midterm (until a better and more legal solution is found) ?

1) I am a resident of high tax country C
2) I am a citizen of country A, and I have a company business account in country B (Where I was previously a resident).
3) I open a US LLC company in Wyoming and tell to the IRS that I am still a resident of country B)
4) I get paid into my company account from country B, and I move periodically (once every 3 months) funds from my country B company account to the semi-anonymous
US LLC company bank account as a business transfer (loans or Intellectual property payments like Amazon does).

In this way when country B checks the company balance, they can see that the balance on the company based in country B is very little and low.

Country C where I am currently resident-only receive some funds on a monthly basis into a personal account and pay income tax on those funds only.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

You can't keep money in the LLC account it needs to be moved on to safe keeping. The point of the LLC is to act as a pass through account.
If you build up a balance and something goes wrong or the bank don't like it your fucked. I made a similar mistake and 6 years ago BOA froze my account and made it difficult to get it back. After a lot of lawyer and accountant fees, I've only just received my funds back.

What you want to do will work it's just don't use it as pool account. Simply pass it through and deliver it where it's safe.

You can't keep money in the LLC account it needs to be moved on to safe keeping. The point of the LLC is to act as a pass through account.
If you build up a balance and something goes wrong or the bank don't like it your fucked. I made a similar mistake and 6 years ago BOA froze my account and made it difficult to get it back. After a lot of lawyer and accountant fees, I've only just received my funds back.

What you want to do will work it's just don't use it as pool account. Simply pass it through and deliver it where it's safe.
How is it the LLC business account (Mercury or Transferwise) less safe than if I had a personal account with Transferwise or Revolut?

I'm not talking about using 1 LLC and 1 business account but multiple ones (e.g: 5x LLCs in Wyoming and 5x Mercury or Transferwise business account) to spread the risk and the funds.

Wyoming has no public register so you don't need to worry about using a nominee. Mercury and TW are fine but Mercury could shut you down for not having any US business. As crazy as it sounds but if you look on the forum you will find a few people who had that problem.

Spreading the risk is a good option but still have a more solid funds preservation option.

Latest Threads