Our valued sponsor

Moving assets onshore from offshore company.

FezKo

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have been a passive viewer of this forum for a little while now and have been pretty impressed with the calibre (and straightness) of the advice given.

I am 100% owner of a Belize registered company that in turn is the registered owner of a property in London. The property in question was my family home and my father set up the company in my name before he died - as such, I never had the need for bank account for the company until now that I need to sell the property.

Long story short, it has so far been impossible for me to open an account for the Belize entity remotely (probably doesn’t help that I am so clueless about this stuff); but tbh it has got to the point that I am considering bringing everything back onshore - but again - I am not sure what the best way of going about this would be.

My initial thoughts were to open a U.K. Ltd company and transfer the ownership of the Belize shares to the U.K. company; and then wind down the Belize entity and transfer the asset to the U.K. company - but I have no idea if that is viable or how I would go about doing that.

I haven’t sought professional guidance as yet, as I’m not exactly flush at the moment (hence needing to sell the house) and Im really not sure what I should be asking them for.

no idea if the above makes any sense, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fez

Reactions: Risehigh
You do not need an account. When you sell house you sell shares in company and you are paid into your personal account for those shares. The buyer can then become director of Belize company and company is totally off your hands. There is actually quite a few buyers who would buy property this way for privacy reasons.

P.S It is a costly way to own UK property via an offshore company because of ATED. However maybe property is priced under the £500k threshold.

Latest Threads