Our valued sponsor

MSTR stock vs. bitcoin

Banning commodities does not work in the real world. There are countless examples. Without going in too deep, dolar blue in Argentina is an example.
Binance came way after Bitcoin, it would not mark the end of Bitcoin. However, that threat seems to have died down right now, same with tether. But if it is to happen in the future, it would be the next capitulation event. Maybe due in the next downturn, 2025+
I doubt it will get banned in a direct way as it's hard (or impossible to do) but they can make it difficult or illegal.
Binance came after but it's market share is huge and if it goes down it will have such a huge and long lasting impact on the whole market. (hopefully that will not happen). Many ppl have already got burned (by Luna, FTX etc) and will never go back to Crypto and these are the early adopters and tech savvy people.

No, low probability.
My point was, that historically speaking Bitcoin has more chances to fail than a company like KO.
It's company that's around for a 100 years or so, and whole world knows it ad uses it (and it's market cap is about 50% lower than Bitcoin's).

You're right - Bitcoin can't go bankrupt - but there are other threats.
So the risk is high but the reward can also be high.

NOTE:
I own both crypto and stocks.
I'm in crypto for a long time and I started mining Bitcoin when it showed up and when it's price was $2 and I had to store the whole blockchain on my computer to use a wallet etc.

I doubt it will get banned in a direct way as it's hard (or impossible to do) but they can make it difficult or illegal.
Binance came after but it's market share is huge and if it goes down it will have such a huge and long lasting impact on the whole market. (hopefully that will not happen). Many ppl have already got burned (by Luna, FTX etc) and will never go back to Crypto and these are the early adopters and tech savvy people.
Early adopters got burned by gox and some others and learned a precious lesson there. FTX users where clearly a different bunch and not early adopters. Why would one use these newbie companies over the long-lasting alternatives...
It was just good to gamble and not trusting them until they establish credibility.
All of the old ones stand as of today, including tether which should have died 100 times over this year.

People come back when the hype returns and numbers go up in sick percentages. Its normal. It will all be forgotten by then.
My point was, that historically speaking Bitcoin has more chances to fail than a company like KO.
It's company that's around for a 100 years or so, and whole world knows it ad uses it (and it's market cap is about 50% lower than Bitcoin's).

You're right - Bitcoin can't go bankrupt - but there are other threats.
So the risk is high but the reward can also be high.
yes, but bitcoin is not a company. It needs to be compared to commodities, e.g. gold which has +/- 10T market cap.

The ownership of the "physical" asset *Bitcoin > MSTR stock

One of the main reasons of Bitcoin is to put ownership of money back into the people, while someone else holding the "MSTR/GBTC etc. shares" that you "believe" you own is actually going the wrong way, again.

"Not your keys not your coins", simple.

Latest Threads