Neat, Revolut or Transferwise for HK Company?

Marcus Aurelius

I am considering setting up a Hong Kong company for an affiliate marketing business but I read that it is nearly impossible to open a bank account.

Would any of the following options work in stead of a bank account:

Neat.hk
Transferwise
Revolut

Not looking for anything fancy, just a way to send and receive payments and store some of the companies funds.

Thanks.

Bmw850

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Mentor Group
Second that.
Neat yes.
The TW shoot lately is scaring, let s see what happen with them.

JohnSpain

Neat declined my standard affiliate business with a Hong Kong company. Took weeks for the due diligence to be done. To me it seem they like to talk in big words about reinventing banking but in reality they are worse than most banks. Not a business for the future.

Marcus Aurelius

Neat declined my standard affiliate business with a Hong Kong company. Took weeks for the due diligence to be done. To me it seem they like to talk in big words about reinventing banking but in reality they are worse than most banks. Not a business for the future.
Hi,

Which solution did you end up going for?

It seems Revolut is not available in HK, Transferwise is not accepting HK affiliate companies and Neat promises a lot but does not deliver.

I am in the process of setting up a HK company for an affiliate business but without any ways of sending and receiving payments I might have to reconsider this.

JohnSpain

In the end I had no other option than to setup a company in Europe. This easily got an account with Transferwise, I also opened with Sogexia, both work OK for now. I setup the company in Ireland as I know UK companies are becoming more challenging to get accounts setup for. Cost is not that much higher. But I would much rather do more of the business outside of Europe....

Marcus Aurelius

In the end I had no other option than to setup a company in Europe. This easily got an account with Transferwise, I also opened with Sogexia, both work OK for now. I setup the company in Ireland as I know UK companies are becoming more challenging to get accounts setup for. Cost is not that much higher. But I would much rather do more of the business outside of Europe....
Ok, so your HK company has became a bit useless for you now then?

Latest Threads