Our valued sponsor

Neat, Revolut or Transferwise for HK Company?

Haven't heard good reviews about Neat, but never experienced myself either. If the purpose is to receive payments from ecommerce and then transfer to another account and pay suppliers, you can go for Worldfirst, my customers have always been satisfied by their services.
First of all NEAT has just HKD. And yes, you can find tons of bad reviews. I have an account but I'm not using it.

At the moment I try to manage for a few months with the few options mentioned before, hoping they will land soon the new licensed virtual banks in HK. It should be a good offer, on paper at least.

You mean they are taking "high risk clients"?

They are taking on people that are willing to spend 100x what it costs for same account at a bank. You work out what sort of clients these are willing to pay way over the odds for an EMI service. These are not clients selling kids school books.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Why someone should use such an expensive service? What do they offer so precious? It's like the last choice when you have already tried all the traditional banks and EMI and you have no way out or what? Really, I'm curious..

PS. Which bank do they have behind?
I could agree but for some clients it's normal rates, actually when deals are more than 500k, Currenxie is going to close accounts because it exceeds their risk, the same does TW (in our case).

No EMI other than laundromats will want millions in turnover going through a client account. It presents a high risk of money laundering. Laundromats have a higher risk appetite and hence higher limits naturally.

I can imagine the punishment for a KYC failure and allowing 100k in illicit funds through an account is much less than allowing 50m through also.:confused:

If Neat is used to open a company and an account does anyone know if DBS would open a business account in HK for the company or you need to be resident?

If Neat is used to open a company and an account does anyone know if DBS would open a business account in HK for the company or you need to be resident?

I don't know, but I will try with DBS Singapore. I know it sounds weird but as far as I understood (and read): 1. HK banks usually wants a link with China and/or a physical presence. 2. Banking system is less solid than in SG due to the massive lending (in real estate but not only).

In SG I will try first with DBS, then OCBC (where I have much more chances). HK they proposed me HSBC where maybe it's a bit more smooth the opening but not sure.

Latest Threads