Our valued sponsor

Need a company ASAP to move BTC from paymentprocessor

user9823671

Pro Member
Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Just logged into an old BTC payment processor (coingate) and found there is $5k still in my account at todays valuation, but they are not letting me remove the BTC because I don't have company details to give them. They say they need:

They say they need:

Business Certificate
Articles of Association
Share Structure
Licenses (if applicable)
For UBOs owning >25% of share: link to a public source of Personal ID
List of Ultimate Beneficiery Owners (UBOs)

What is going to be the quickest / cheapest / easiest way to sort this?
I'm a UK citizen (but haven't been in the country for 10+ years) so am thinking a UK company to get these details, then I can transfer the BTC to an external wallet and it's all good

Cheers

If you still have a bank account and access to the address the mail goes to. Set up a UK limited company in your name. John Smith Limited then you send the payment to your own account. Or if they allow you to move it to another wallet you won't need a bank account just an address or a services office for company registration.

Why not move them as BTC to another wallet, don't they accept that neither? I'm chokedo_O

5K is not much, you indeed should setup a UK company, must be easy for you as an UK citizen.
Not allowed to move to another wallet. Signed up with them as a payment processor years ago when there was no verification required. They even contacted me to try and work with me to push more sales. Then they started to want more KYC but didn't give a warning to remove funds before the restriction would be in place.

$5k isn't the end of the world, but it isn't small change either. I'd rather have it than lose it :)

If you still have a bank account and access to the address the mail goes to. Set up a UK limited company in your name. John Smith Limited then you send the payment to your own account. Or if they allow you to move it to another wallet you won't need a bank account just an address or a services office for company registration.
The bank account with them is my personal UK bank account and the address on their system is my parents, which the UK bank account address as well.

I assume a normal UK company will give me the requirements:
1) Business Certificate
2) Articles of Association

Is this something I can do via HMRC or is it just easier to go through a formation company?

Not allowed to move to another wallet. Signed up with them as a payment processor years ago when there was no verification required. They even contacted me to try and work with me to push more sales. Then they started to want more KYC but didn't give a warning to remove funds before the restriction would be in place.

$5k isn't the end of the world, but it isn't small change either. I'd rather have it than lose it :)

The bank account with them is my personal UK bank account and the address on their system is my parents, which the UK bank account address as well.

I assume a normal UK company will give me the requirements:
1) Business Certificate
2) Articles of Association

Is this something I can do via HMRC or is it just easier to go through a formation company?
Just do it with a formation agency for £15 and you can open a TW or Revolut.
Shut it down after.
You get all the digital docs you just forward it to them.

Latest Threads