Our valued sponsor

Need help with personal HK bank account

Phil123

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Hello

I need help with getting personal bank account for myself.

I used to have business bank account there that I have opened myself, but now I need a personal one. Due to covid I'm unable to fly there.

If anyone can point me into the right direction or could offer his service, please post here or feel free to message me.

For transparency, the reason for getting the account is to withdraw money from Paypal HK.

I can provide the data/docs I can, but I'm unable to prove my residency there at the moment.
This should either not be required or someone should help with getting it without the need to travel.

Thank you

Reactions: troubled soul
Hello

I used to have business bank account there that I have opened myself, but now I need a personal one. Due to covid I'm unable to fly there.

If anyone can point me into the right direction or could offer his service, please post here or feel free to message me.

For transparency, the reason for getting the account is to withdraw money from Paypal HK.

I can provide the data/docs I can, but I'm unable to prove my residency there at the moment.
This should either not be required or someone should help with getting it without the need to travel.

Thank you
You better have a bigger balance over 6 figures ready to deposit. Then you might be lucky getting one.
Hit up some lawyers? Some banks there do video verification as well I have been told.

It's strong 5, but not 6 figures.

The last time I had to fly there.
I've tried to do a do the video verification but they didn't allow me. Even tried one from a local HSBC UK branch (they have offered), but the HSBC HK they wanted me pay them a visit in person in their Central branch.
It wasn't a problem back then, plus I like the place...

It's a bit different now.

Anyway, it could be a real bank account or an EMI account that could be used in Paypal HK to withdraw the money to.
Main thing is it needs to support HKD and be based in HK.

Any ideas are welcome and services could be considered.

Thanks

I've tried to do a do the video verification but they didn't allow me. Even tried one from a local HSBC UK branch (they have offered), but the HSBC HK they wanted me pay them a visit in person in their Central branch.

Anyway, it could be a real bank account or an EMI account that could be used in Paypal HK to withdraw the money to.

Thanks
Your opsec to support HKD is executable, a bank acct that would receive paypal HK funds into is also plausible...

the only itch from my end of the table would be the it been Based In HK with the current trends, HK had it hard from the spill out of the riots and then the Global Lockdown Crisis..
Strengths are towards accessing/withdrawing the funds from the PP HK to a few other channels.
Interesting scenario nonetheless..cig-:,

Thanks
well there are some emis like neat but no idea how good they are. Cant you wire the pp funds to another paypal and withdraw from there?

Reactions: VESTANON
well there are some emis like neat but no idea how good they are. Cant you wire the pp funds to another paypal and withdraw from there?
@JackAlabama, Thats a great option as well, even better if the receiving paypal has a bank attached to it etc

Yes, but paypal is quite a f**d up payment provider who likes to hold money for months.
Exactly with paypal, in other to proceed longterm, the amounts should be within an ok threshold nothing alarming in figures...
moreso aged PP accts factor towards more success..cig-:,

You still need a solution like NEAT to receive the payment for your HK company! moving funds between paypal accounts don't get them out of there!

Hello @Phil123
those days its almost impossible to open account in HK without having local ID there, trust me ...

@<<snippet>> gave you the best option, they are based on standard chartered bank in HK , account is separated opened in the bank
so the money is safe.. all your information will be passed to the bank once you open with them account.

by the way : some passports will not be allowed there in NEAT

good luck.

Hello

Thank you
As a fellow long time lurker, I can introduce you to my dear friend who has a HK bank account. As long as your source of funds is 100% legit, it will work, I don't want my friend to land in a soup for receiving funds from illegit source. Msg me directly if you are interested. If you have figured out another way to get local bank account then that's good. :)

As a fellow long time lurker, I can introduce you to my dear friend who has a HK bank account. As long as your source of funds is 100% legit, it will work, I don't want my friend to land in a soup for receiving funds from illegit source. Msg me directly if you are interested. If you have figured out another way to get local bank account then that's good. :)
You can get local bank account in HK with an enough large balance for them. If you buy their wealth management products you increase chances further. As a middleground, you can do some stock trading with their platform so they can rack up fees from your high balance.

Reactions: Protinumerix47

Latest Threads