Netherlands CV

Marzio

Rainmaker
Pro Member
Aug 11, 2019
Money Bin
Visit site
Hey,

lately i was interested in discovering more about Dutch Commanditaire Vennootschap.

I've read on Dutch government site that if all managing partners are foreign you will only have to file your annual accounts with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce.

Does NL banks open accounts for a CV's ecommerce with foreign managing partners?

The advantages of using CV instead of LLP are:

- lower stripe commission for EU cards
- no PayPal conversion fees when withdrawing EUR

Does anyone have direct experience with CV's?

I've read on Dutch government site that if all managing partners are foreign you will only have to file your annual accounts with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce.

Problem is the Dutch C.V will not be tax resident in Netherlands so you can work out the problem there. You would also not get any access to DTA's.

Does NL banks open accounts for a CV's ecommerce with foreign managing partners?

I would be surprised if any did for non-residents but worth a try. I know my Swiss bank opened accounts for these entities but as of today probably not without a good reason.

I don't. But Mossack Fonseca back in day offered my old company fact sheets on how to sell this to our clients if I can remember.

Reactions: Marzio
In general, no, they do not entertain applications where the majority of business or directors are located outside of Netherlands.

The advantages of using CV instead of LLP are:
I assume you mean UK LLP? Cyprus has LLP which is similar (but not identical) to UK LLP. Might be worth looking into.

Rarely come across CVs. The ones that come to mind have been parts in large, complex structures or locals. If we're only focusing on businesses run by or mostly by non-resident, most EU/EEA partnerships (LP, GP, LLP) I see since Brexit have been incorporated in Ireland, Malta, or Cyprus.

That's not to say CV couldn't work in your case. If you go down that path, would be interesting to hear more about how it goes.

Reactions: Marzio