Our valued sponsor

new BVI company. How, in a nutshell?

It's very easy and costs anywhere from around 800 to 2,000 USD to form a BVI company. It can be done entirely remotely. Just speak with a couple of service providers (registered agents): Registered Agents | British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission

Whether it's good or not depends on where you live and what your intentions are.

If you plan to run a business, it's almost always better to just form a local company or, if your situation permits, move to a low-tax jurisdiction.

Not ICO. 1) E-commerce 2) consulting

How about a bank account there?

E-commerce, as long as not high risk e-commerce, should be ok for opening a bank account.

Consulting is generally not ok, it's a haven for money laundering.

Banking in the BVI is not an option, the banks there serve mostly the local market, not offshores.

You could open accounts in the US and Singapore for your BVI. I have done it myself.

Reactions: zeytin
Outlander, do you have a BVI company with or without "substance" please ?

Which company structure please if you don't mind sharing ?

What I find a bit strange, is that all "classic" off shore jurisdictions get banned and torpedo-ed from all banking, although they offer exactly the same benefits like BVI. What makes the BVI so highly respected ?

Sorry if it is a silly question.

BVI was quick to adopt what the OECD and the united nations told them to do in order to get off the blacklist!

BVI, is if you ask me, only for large corporations or billioners - the rest should stay a way and find other places.

Reactions: jafo and Gediminas

What I find a bit strange, is that all "classic" off shore jurisdictions get banned and torpedo-ed from all banking, although they offer exactly the same benefits like BVI. What makes the BVI so highly respected ?

I have both with and without. But the company with substance has had very little activity.

I would disagree with Admin re. his judgement on BVI. The environment is getting harder everywhere, not just BVI, but if you manage to comply with the silliness, then BVI is better than Panama or Belize, for example.

What is the problem you're trying to solve?

Latest Threads