Our valued sponsor

New crypto business in Mauritius (relocation from Switzerland)

John Cockle

Dec 14, 2022
Europe
Visit site
Hi all

I want to open a new company in Mauritius to «relocate» my current crypto company from Switzerland (it’s just getting too expensive). The plan is to get a crypto license from the Mauritius regulator to be able to process clients’ fiat.

I’m wondering if there are any pros about making crypto business in Mauritius. I’ve heard that local banks don’t onboard even licensed crypto businesses. Has anybody tried to open bank accounts there for a crypto business?

I’d also appreciate if you can recommend any experienced consultants from Mauritius who can help with the new company and bank accounts for it.

Hi all

I want to open a new company in Mauritius to «relocate» my current crypto company from Switzerland (it’s just getting too expensive). The plan is to get a crypto license from the Mauritius regulator to be able to process clients’ fiat.

I’m wondering if there are any pros about making crypto business in Mauritius. I’ve heard that local banks don’t onboard even licensed crypto businesses. Has anybody tried to open bank accounts there for a crypto business?

I’d also appreciate if you can recommend any experienced consultants from Mauritius who can help with the new company and bank accounts for it.
I was personally looking into MU for myself back in the days.
What is your nationality and will you be living there? That for sure also will largely influence the outcome.

I have been denied by a bank there due to one of my ex employer having had crypto involvement in a very easy compliant way. It was pretty ridiculous. So I would advise strongly against your plan unless you have an edge with the banks there.

Maybe you have more luck in El Salvador.

Reactions: John Cockle
Hi all

Yes possible.

Hi all

A guy I know is selling a Mauritius regulated entity, PM me for details

Reactions: John Cockle

Latest Threads