Our valued sponsor

New Visa to Let Tourists With $130,000 Live in Bali for 10 Years

you are the main one G
if you think 20k is expensive for a visa that includes the TH tax agency to leave you alone is expensive idk what to tell you.

you also dont seem to understand how things really work in the ground in TH
Thanks for the flowers ki#¤% .
I feel sorry for somebody who needs to pay 20k for a simple tourist visa. Specifically when there are much better options available.

"How things work on the ground":
  • You are propagating short term thinking.
  • I prefer a lifestyle where I do not need to distinguish between law and "how things work on the ground".

I'm confused, there are lots of if's and what's in this thread. It's very vey simple.

if the majority/key decisions of your companies are made in Thailand, then they are simply Thai companies from a tax perspective. Is this really enforceable once you go there and see how things work on the ground? no. can you get a way with it? probably. Is it illegal if you don't report them? yes. even if you don't remit the money? also yes!
if you have a proper structure offshore and have offices, staff and key management decisions are made abroad (And you can prove that), and then you remit money the next year to Thailand, you are good to go. you can have cheap substance in Romania or Serbia, but the taxes there are different beast all together. Dubai is also an option, and more straight forward but a little bit expensive.

regarding the dutchman case, we can't single out a huge case like this and make an example out of this to point fingers at Thailand, the guy's history is filled with troubles and controversies and he had strange connection in LATAM, overall not a great example.
I live in Labuan part of the year (one of my holding companies is there), and it's been great, I still dance around sometimes with the local authorities, but my lawyers take care of things. But overall, it's been pretty good and I have access to top tier Malaysian and Singaporean banks. Still, they can change Labuan rules and f it up again, So I' looking into other options. probably Singapore this time.

But yeah enough of my rambling, bottom line just go to Dubai and call it a day.

Reactions: RealDude
imagine thinking 20k is anywhere close to money.

good luck g
I don't think his issues are with money, it's about principles. Thai elite visa is indeed a pile of complete and utter s**t, no question about it.
These services that you get with this overpriced garbage, can be done easily by having a competent local fixer who can do these things on behalf of you. Cashing out Crypto, migration, customs...etc, can be solved easily if you have the right connections. same can be also said about China, Mexico, UAE, Egypt, Montenegro...etc. I've been there and done that.

20k for a fixer will do wonders.

Reactions: backpacker
I don't think his issues are with money, it's about principles. Thai elite visa is indeed a pile of complete and utter s**t, no question about it.
These services that you get with this overpriced garbage, can be done easily by having a competent local fixer who can do these things on behalf of you. Cashing out Crypto, migration, customs...etc, can be solved easily if you have the right connections. same can be also said about China, Mexico, UAE, Egypt, Montenegro...etc. I've been there and done that.

20k for a fixer will do wonders.
why is it such a pile of "this brown chocoloate-looking thing which coming out of a dogs interior organ"?

A hassle free long term tourist visa without having to deal with anyone seems quite good. I know of a few who bought it and are happy with that.

I don't think his issues are with money, it's about principles.
Indeed, it's about principles: 20k for a simple tourist visa is stupi#21

Guys its 20k.
Theres no principles on 20k.

Based on how TH works I saved that amount in taxes alone in the first 2months there.

A hassle free long term tourist visa without having to deal with anyone seems quite good. I know of a few who bought it and are happy with that.

Thats what I see too but seems like it aint a popular opinion around here.

@MiddleEuroAsia can you talk a bit more about that Montenegro fixer pls sounds interesting.

Guys its 20k.
Theres no principles on 20k.

Based on how TH works I saved that amount in taxes alone in the first 2months there.
And considering living costs as well.
Thats what I see too but seems like it aint a popular opinion around here.

@MiddleEuroAsia can you talk a bit more about that Montenegro fixer pls sounds interesting.
That approach @MiddleEuroAsia is of course the best way.
But one needs to find it. It can be a huge time commitment especially if you are unlucky. Unless youd be open to share your contacts info.

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt
And considering living costs as well.

word

That approach @MiddleEuroAsia is of course the best way.
But one needs to find it. It can be a huge time commitment especially if you are unlucky. Unless youd be open to share your contacts info.

indeed, thats how I got my MX residency permit. And as you said it took some time to find the right person.
Waiting for MEA's answer, it really sounds interesting.

Reactions: JackAlabama