Our valued sponsor

Nexus and Celsius tokens

Why do you think so?

Bitcoin has properties no other token or alt-coin can re-create, it went through battles other can't survive.

Centralization : when an asset issuer can print new tokens at will, the value of the asset will become worthless, fiat currencies have been lessons on inflation/hyper-inflation.

Liquidity : Most of the tokens you see on exchanges have market makers engineering liquidity, they charge fees and they have zero control when the price depreciates, good luck exiting your positions or sell your tokens (think Luna).

Insiders : $CEL was a pump and dump token, you don't want to end up a bag holder.

We always advise customers to DCA Bitcoin, no need to put all your money at once, returns have mostly been positive even during market crash.

Ok thanks, btw, I'm curious to know what are your thoughts on Monero? BTC in my opinion is vulnerable to OFAC sanctions for example and development has been taken over by Blockstream.
No, it is not since you can generate unlimited "accounts" with pure math (pen and paper basically). You can also poison every known address since you cannot avoid of receiving funds.
Also it has not been taken over by any entity nor aliens as of now.

Ok thanks, btw, I'm curious to know what are your thoughts on Monero? BTC in my opinion is vulnerable to OFAC sanctions for example and development has been taken over by Blockstream.

Blockstream has a bunch of employees and they focus on their own softwares — there are Bitcoin core devs from all continents and from different firms, you can run your own node to use the consensus you want.

This blockstream thing is a 2017 bcash crap.

OFAC can sanction addresses, that doesn’t prevent anyone from sending btc to that address (although it would be stupid) and the sanctioned person could just use a new address?

ETH and POS are the dream of regulators and states due to the easiness of censoring it.

Moinero / XMR is secure or not? I don't get the clear answer in the last replies??

What do you mean by secure ? private/anonymous ? or safer than Terra token that just crashed ?

XMR is privacy focused coin, even the IRS want to trace it : The IRS Wants to Buy Tools to Trace Privacy-Focused Cryptocurrency Monero

If you are looking to make payments with it, it's fine - make sure you setup your transaction to be fully private.
As an asset to hold for the long term, better switch to BTC.

so :

XMR for payment : Good.
XMR for holding and investment : Not as good as BTC.

One other and better option, pay with Bitcoin lightening, it's a lot more anonymous than XMR, but the merchant or beneficiary must enable lightening payments as well.

Reactions: clemens
What do you mean by secure ? private/anonymous ? or safer than Terra token that just crashed ?
not difficult to understand I believe! You said it was easy for people to manipulate Monero! Fake XMR transactions, poisen it!

So another guy say it is not, what I'm asking, is it secure or not?

One other and better option, pay with Bitcoin lightening, it's a lot more anonymous than XMR, but the merchant or beneficiary must enable lightening payments as well.
ahhh, I didn't knew that.. now I have to check my platform like Exodus and kraken if they support it.

not difficult to understand I believe! You said it was easy for people to manipulate Monero! Fake XMR transactions, poisen it!

So another guy say it is not, what I'm asking, is it secure or not?

Let's keep this simple to avoid confusion, accepting and making payment with XMR is fine, private and secure.
Holding XMR in your wallet for months or years is not fine or smart, only keep what you intent to use.

Reactions: GNews

Latest Threads