Our valued sponsor

North Cyprus

intore

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I have a corporate bank account at Euro Pacific Bank since 2013, but it became almost impossible to work with them. First they blocked my card for some reasons (they said I was withdrawing too much money from ATM), then they rejected one of my business partners because following their investigations they found out he was doing speculations in the russian estate market, now they keep asking me to submit documents in order to prove I'm the real beneficiary of the money in the account. And my activity is always the same since when I opened the account, looks like they are drunk. Looks like every month there is a new issue and I'm frankly tired to waste my time sending them the same damn papers every damn month.
So a guy suggested me to open a bank account in North Cyprus. Apparently they make no problems in order to open corporate accounts for caribbean offshores, he told me you can do it even remotely.
He said in order to do that, you need to be introduced by a local lawyer and the whole thing will cost me about 4K. Logically he is in contact with some lawyers from there and he wants I get in touch with them. Is it really necessary to be introduced or is he just trying to milk me ?

Just contact a local lawyer directly. I wouldn't expect to pay no more than 1500 euros for a bank introduction by a good lawyer. North Cyprus is outside CRS but not sure how useful that is today. You could also approach a bank directly as suggested and you may get lucky.

Yeah, in fact I was going to contact directly Garanti Bank and TEB. The only problem is that I would like to contact their branch in Lefkosa (North Nicosia) but I can not find any email address apart the one of their Istanbul headquarter. Not sure what to do. 4,000 $ for an introduction seems an outrageous amount of money.
North Cyprus jurisdiction seems interesting to me because they are outside CRS and they told me they do not communicate with any authority. Being an EU citizen I do not have so many options and Euro Pacific is really getting on my nerves. Also a plus for me is that I have already been there twice and it takes less than 2 hours for me to go there.

Latest Threads