Our valued sponsor

Question [NORWAY] How do I launder my legal money?

Lorena

Jul 12, 2021
Norway
Visit site
I know this is a stupid question, but please bear with me.
I moved to Norway about one year ago, and only received my birth number now. So, I can finally open a business and a bank account in Norway.
I’ve opened a bank account, still didn’t open a business (I’m going to register an AS).

Here’s the thing. I’m 24, non-EU. I worked since I was 14, and had my own business since 18. I closed it before moving to Norway because legally, I couldn’t keep working while waiting for my residence permit. I don’t want to give too many details but the business was IT-related, providing a service, and something I can do from Norway as well. That’s the AS I’m going to open.

My bank account in my home country currently has a balance of about 100,000 euros.
I transferred 1,400 euros to my Norwegian bank account, and I got an email saying they’re going to need me to prove that this money is legal. Which it is.

Alright. I did. I sent them a bank statement in English signed by the bank manager. But no, that wasn’t good enough for them. They want my bank manager to send them a signed letter saying that all the money in my account is legal, and I paid taxes for it.
I’ve been calling for weeks and I’m basically told by the bank that the statement is enough, and that no one ever asked them to write a letter saying something like this.
So I’m stuck.

Alternatively, I can also have a notary sign and translate all my business-related documents, but it’s just not worth it.

So what do I do? How do I get this money from my account to my Norwegian account?
I don’t even speak Norwegian yet so finding information has been super difficult. My bank is not accommodating at all, they see a non-European foreigner and immediately assume I made all my money selling drugs or weapons. I was literally told, “This is Europe. In banks in Norway you can only have legal money in the bank”.
No, really? NO WAY. Thanks for telling me, Silje. I’m going to ride my camel back home now.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys!

Reactions: rolex
I'm more curious about authorities trying to enforce crypto NFT taxation, when they are basically trying to tax a software code. there are gaming NFTs which are a "two other NFTs joined together" (when you join lands into estate, or a dog and a tank into a super-dog-tank and stuff like that for games, on chain it shows as a "New NFT in your wallet" and I imagine trying to explain on my tax report for IRS that these new NFTs are functions in a smart contract that "not really" create a new item but join existing items together :D and that I gained nothing by doing that). regulations and banks, taxation, are slow to adapt to new reality and will step on some people and squash them in the process, so pls be careful everyone, buy gold and build an off-grid hut in a jungle [with solar panels and bitcoin miners] to wait for things to get back to normal.

Hey! Update for those who care. I decided not to deal with Norwegian banks. Getting all my documents translated from my native language to Norwegian (No option to do it to English and then to Norwegian), apostille stamped and notarized would be super expensive, because the bank itself didn't specify which documents they need to see, and my translated tax returns weren't enough. I decided to keep the money offshore, and just have new money from my business registered in Norway go into the bank. Norway is a real shithole, the only reason I moved is because my husband lives here and he wouldn't survive in my home country, so it is what it is. Oh well.

Hey! Update for those who care. I decided not to deal with Norwegian banks. Getting all my documents translated from my native language to Norwegian (No option to do it to English and then to Norwegian), apostille stamped and notarized would be super expensive, because the bank itself didn't specify which documents they need to see, and my translated tax returns weren't enough. I decided to keep the money offshore, and just have new money from my business registered in Norway go into the bank. Norway is a real shithole, the only reason I moved is because my husband lives here and he wouldn't survive in my home country, so it is what it is. Oh well.
Your husband sounds like a typical soy Norwegian. Find a new one.

Shithole? Every Norwegian is a millionaire in NOK by birth.

The reason you moved there is cause your home country is a s**t hole. Dont get confused.

No Im not Norwegian, but you are delusional. Obviously Norwegian banks are gonna
look weird at your Paraguay money or what ever s**t hole you had money from.

Scandinavian banks are some of the most strict.

Reactions: GeneralGogol
I know this is a stupid question, but please bear with me.
I moved to Norway about one year ago, and only received my birth number now. So, I can finally open a business and a bank account in Norway.
I’ve opened a bank account, still didn’t open a business (I’m going to register an AS).

Here’s the thing. I’m 24, non-EU. I worked since I was 14, and had my own business since 18. I closed it before moving to Norway because legally, I couldn’t keep working while waiting for my residence permit. I don’t want to give too many details but the business was IT-related, providing a service, and something I can do from Norway as well. That’s the AS I’m going to open.

My bank account in my home country currently has a balance of about 100,000 euros.
I transferred 1,400 euros to my Norwegian bank account, and I got an email saying they’re going to need me to prove that this money is legal. Which it is.

Alright. I did. I sent them a bank statement in English signed by the bank manager. But no, that wasn’t good enough for them. They want my bank manager to send them a signed letter saying that all the money in my account is legal, and I paid taxes for it.
I’ve been calling for weeks and I’m basically told by the bank that the statement is enough, and that no one ever asked them to write a letter saying something like this.
So I’m stuck.

Alternatively, I can also have a notary sign and translate all my business-related documents, but it’s just not worth it.

So what do I do? How do I get this money from my account to my Norwegian account?
I don’t even speak Norwegian yet so finding information has been super difficult. My bank is not accommodating at all, they see a non-European foreigner and immediately assume I made all my money selling drugs or weapons. I was literally told, “This is Europe. In banks in Norway you can only have legal money in the bank”.
No, really? NO WAY. Thanks for telling me, Silje. I’m going to ride my camel back home now.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys!
buy crypto through a third party by sending them this fiat.DM me.

Latest Threads