Our valued sponsor

Question Offshore Bank Account

Looking to open a private bank account offshore (Isle of Man etc.) Only looking for a Dollar account (Added sterling account would be a bonus).

Now I have applied online Standard Bank and LloydsTSB and have gone through the process. However, the address verification seems to be an issue. Living in Qatar, it is difficult to get an address on the Broadband orr local electricity but I have provided these anyway. However, the bank is now insisting on having confirmation from the employer and my current employer wouldnt issue such a letter.

Both applications are stuck now, is there anyway to deal with the situation? Is there someone who could help with the application?

The accounts will be used for personal saving only and occasional spending and funds will be coming from my own bank accounts .... all of this I have already declared to the bank.

Thanks

However, the bank is now insisting on having confirmation from the employer and my current employer wouldnt issue such a letter.
why would they not, you provided them with a fake address ?
The accounts will be used for personal saving only and occasional spending and funds will be coming from my own bank accounts .... all of this I have already declared to the bank.
Did you try some of the Cyrus banks, they are typical targets for people like you ?

Reactions: LittleBundle
Open an account with Barclays Isle of Man. They are better and also SEPA transfer and SEPA direct debit possible!
Standard Bank and LloydsTSB NO SEPA transfer and SEPA direct debit possible.

Have you considered HSBC Expat (Jersey)? They offer USD and GBP accounts (and other currencies as well)

The process might be easier if you open a Premier account with HSBC Qatar first and then use the Premier status to qualify for the HSBC Expat account. You won't need to show proof of salary since you're a Premier client in another jurisdiction.

I would suggest the bank Cayman National Bank (Isle of Man) Limited, multi currency deposit accounts, privacy, security. Here is their web presence: Rewarding relationships built on trust
I have looked at them before. I recall their fees are pretty high. 150 pounds to open the account, 50 pounds for swift transfers + any third party charges. - more if you are deemed high risk. u can work out who they are catering for with these fees - not me btw lol

Latest Threads