Our valued sponsor

Offshore company for investment advisory

1gn1t0r

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a good jurisdiction for an investment advisory or investment management firm (advise and management of stocks).

What I am looking for is a low tax jurisdiction with good banking access.
Currently I was either thinking United Arab Emirates Free Zone Company (can someone recommend an agent?) or an Irish company (12.5% tax though, also looking for a good agent).

I currently have a Seychelles company, but cannot use it for this purpose, as it is stated in the articles/memorandum that we cannot handle shares or do investment activities.

Privacy / Anonymity is not that important.

Any advice or direction appreciated.

Thanks!

What i am missing a lot of times here is people taking into account things like VAT, the client's local IRS not accepting invoices from UAE companies!, regulatory compliance especially when talking about things like investment advise in the EU etc pp.

Especially if privacy is not important - depending on your client targets - those things will be just as or even more important than if its 0 or 10 or 20% tax.

@jackfrost, This is true. My experience with offshore is that they are a lot of effort and a lot of places don't accept them.

Although in our situation, the funds we will advise / help manage are offshore (Cayman) and our expenses would be salaries (EU).
The most important part would be to find jurisdiction where we can legally advise funds / clients without obtaining a license, and obtaining a bank account for such activities.

We are trying to avoid setting up an investment advisory firm in EU as the regulations seem to be difficult (Based in Switzerland/Germany).
Overall this route seems to cost a lot of time, money and effort, which we would like to avoid.

Ajman as far as I can see would allow these activities.

Currently we are looking for a fast and cheap solution (sub 5k), as it looks possible to setup a proper advisory firm in Cayman for 15K around.

Well you could setup the entire thing in Cyprus or in Malta both countries look more reliable compared to many of the alternative and cheaper offshore jurisdiction from where you could manage your business.