Our valued sponsor

Offshore company with 2 shareholders one of them US citizen - problem?

pesto

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jan 30, 2011
Spain
Visit site
I want to register a Seychelles offshore company together with my partner who is an US citizen the way it will be construted is my Seychelles holding company will be 1 shareholder while my partner will have a Delaware Holding to be the second shareholder.

I will need to know if that will be a complicated process and possible at all?

What about corporate bank account for the new just registered Seychelles company we both will own, witll the fact he is a US citizen make any problems or be a issue?

You won't get any troubles doing so also you will be able to open a bank account (corporate account) for the company, actually there are rumours going that US citizens can't open a offshore / foreign bank account, that is rubbish! The question is what are your goals you both try to achieve? Also, it is not illegal for a US citizen to open such an account then it will be impossible to hide any sort of account for the IRS since most offshore countries and banks will report any income right away to them.

My best suggestion would be to report all income from the offshore company to the IRS to avoid any troubles this will actually also reveal your information as well.

The will be 0% chances that you can avoid to pay any tax for you and your partner. The tax auth in both of your residential countries will know about your corporate income as it hit your account so they will convert it to personal income.!!!

You need to pay attention to the many changes in the today's banking world. Offshore jurisdictions that last year were good for protecting privacy etc. may not be worth it today the same apply for offshore banking. Most want to look into a solution which is legit and to reduce, not avoid, the tax that has to be paid in your local country.

bodybike said:
I want to register a Seychelles offshore company together with my partner who is an US citizen the way it will be construted is my Seychelles holding company will be 1 shareholder while my partner will have a Delaware Holding to be the second shareholder.
I will need to know if that will be a complicated process and possible at all?

What about corporate bank account for the new just registered Seychelles company we both will own, witll the fact he is a US citizen make any problems or be a issue?
International laws say you can have a unlimited number of shareholders, directors and even board members for a company, so for offshore companies.