Our valued sponsor

Offshore company with nominees is it considered anonymous?

Short answer, YES a offshore company with nominees is considered anonymous and your name will not appear anywhere in the incorporation documents.

yancy said:
Thank you.. so if I appoint a nominee director and shareholder NO WHERE in the company documents my name will appear please confirm?
True, your name will not appear anywhere!

Reactions: yancy
yancy said:
That's actually good news. Will I have to provide passport copy and all this other stuff?
Yes sill required, but only for internal use.. it would require a court order to get the information released which is very difficult to obtain unless you are into any financing of terrorism.

that will not going to be an option I say. a bank that will open an account without ID will shoot themself in the a*s.

Reactions: yancy
tariq said:
Will the nominees sign contracts for the company?
Most often the nominee director will sign the contracts or agreements etc. on behalf of the company, yes.

it is a good way to get anonymity but if you are going to open bank account depending on the bank's requirement(but most banks) request for details of ultimate beneficial owner and you must provide proof of address and passport copy aswell. note there is no way nowadays that you can avoid to provide KYC documents. all agents must have KYC documents.

Reactions: cole
to provide KYC is a must according to the law and regulation because an agent must know its client (but as we know it is not 100% true that we will know the client) as someone can lie to you since you are not meeting him personally... so by having copy of passport and proof of address you can do a check on that person... because in the end if you are not complying with the law in the jurisdiction that you are base in as an agent your license is at risk.. and lastly if one is not a terrorist and is genuine then i guess it wont be a problem in abiding to the agent's requirements. :)

yancy said:
Thank you.. so if I appoint a nominee director and shareholder NO WHERE in the company documents my name will appear please confirm?
Yes that is correct BUT BE AWARE that the nominee director/ shareholder is the legal owner of the company.

Similarly, if the Bank account is in the name of the company and the Nominee Director is the signatory to the account, then BE AWARE that the nominee director is the legal owner of the Bank account (and all its contents).

Last edited by a moderator:
hugger said:
Yes that is correct BUT BE AWARE that the nominee director/ shareholder is the legal owner of the company.
Similarly, if the Bank account is in the name of the company and the Nominee Director is the signatory to the account, then BE AWARE that the nominee director is the legal owner of the Bank account (and all its contents).
So it is good for the bank to know who the ultimate beneficial owner is and it is perfect that the ultimate beneficial owner is listed in companies record and that the nominee's have no power to execute any transaction on behalf of the company without written permission from the ultimate beneficial owner thanks to the declaration of trust.

That said, you still have to be careful who you are incorporating your company with and specially when nominees are appointed.

Latest Threads