Our valued sponsor

Offshore corp for to hold, trade and transfer stocks?

Educate

Pro Member
Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
Imagine a scenario:
Let's say an individual (non-US person) is holding ETFs and cash assets at stock brokers and crypto exchanges in his name (as an individual).

Goal is to transfer these holdings (ETFs and cash) to offshore company or trust that would be obfuscated and open a brokerage account in name of this company (on a business, not a corp).

Is there any way to achieve this?

How can an individual transfer his assets held overseas to an offshore company?

Would American stock brokers allow opening a corporate account for an offshore company with goal of holding and trading ETFs?

Only using its own money (it wouldn't be a capital trading company, just for individual holdings).

Eventually this offshore might want to purchase real estate in beneficiaries country.

What are structures for something like this?

P
Imagine a scenario:
Let's say an individual (non-US person) is holding ETFs and cash assets at stock brokers and crypto exchanges in his name (as an individual).

Goal is to transfer these holdings (ETFs and cash) to offshore company or trust that would be obfuscated and open a brokerage account in name of this company (on a business, not a corp).

Would American stock brokers allow opening a corporate account for an offshore company with goal of holding and trading ETFs?

Only using its own money (it wouldn't be a capital trading company, just for individual holdings).

Eventually this offshore might want to purchase real estate in beneficiaries country.

Please connect ,drop your email id

P
Please connect ,drop your email id
As mentioned here already, you have to read the forum rules against, this time don't just click YES but read it if you want to avoid a warning or even a BAN next time.

Feel write to discuss and comment as you like in the thread.

Reactions: Educate
Imagine a scenario:

We open regularly Interactive Brokers account under company name for Dubai company we setup for our clients.

Only requirement they have is that the funds that are send to IBKR are coming from a real bank account - no TransferWise or something like that. As we setup local UAE business bank accounts along with the Dubai Company they even don't ask for documents for first mid 6 figure or even low 7 figure deposit.

With that setup you have a long-term and reliable 0% tax investment vehicle.

We open regularly Interactive Brokers account under company name for Dubai company we setup for our clients.

Only requirement they have is that the funds that are send to IBKR are coming from a real bank account - no TransferWise or something like that. As we setup local UAE business bank accounts along with the Dubai Company they even don't ask for documents for first mid 6 figure or even low 7 figure deposit.

With that setup you have a long-term and reliable 0% tax investment vehicle.
I am curious about this. I already have a UK Interactive Brokers account but would like to have a business account once I set up residence and my business in Dubai.

I am already abroad and don't plan on moving back into the UK.

I am also wondering what your thoughts are for the the RAKEZ businesswoman visa. They give discount to women so thinking about that one but I am a single mum with two kids whom I would like to have residency too

I am curious about this. I already have a UK Interactive Brokers account but would like to have a business account once I set up residence and my business in Dubai.

I am already abroad and don't plan on moving back into the UK.

I am also wondering what your thoughts are for the the RAKEZ businesswoman visa. They give discount to women so thinking about that one but I am a single mum with two kids whom I would like to have residency too
IBKR opens for Dubai Companies the account with the IBKR US entity.

When it comes to all the new visas it gets difficult with banking because the banks need to open a business account for you as a private person. Till today the banks don't open such accounts. I was told from different banks they simply don't have a compliance team for natural person that conduct business activities. If you open a personal account that conduct business - they shut you down more sooner then later.

We have currently many customers using the remote worker visa but doesn't have the possibility for decent business banking. I was told that even the so called high risk EMI have problems with onboarding private accounts.

However keep in mind that the freelance VISA was introduced in 2018 by RAKEZ and till today even the government owned RAKBANK doesn't open accounts for you as a freelancer.

As all the above mentioned people already have the Visa the Dubai Company setup is cheaper but if you go directly with a Dubai Company that grants you the Visa it's much cheaper.

IBKR never asked questions about 6 figure initial funding and even 7 figure after some time. Only requirement they have nowadays is to fund the account with a real bank account - EMI no longer supported.

Thanks a lot Fred. I thought the RAKEZ was not a freelancer visa but business visa? Also they are saying they help with business visa on their promo here. I was thinking they are making it easier to promote female entrepreneurs but if I have to jump hooks to get bank account then it isn't so great.
It's just marketing.

Look few weeks ago it was announced that mainland LLC without local sponsor is possible. But nobody is mention that you have to provide 3-4M AED bank balance. That's just an announcement for big companies that started with a Freezone and now want to serve the local market don't need any local sponsor to do so.

The promotions from authorities have zero to do with the reality when it comes to business bank account openings.

Reactions: sherryd
IBKR opens for Dubai Companies the account with the IBKR US entity.

When it comes to all the new visas it gets difficult with banking because the banks need to open a business account for you as a private person. Till today the banks don't open such accounts. I was told from different banks they simply don't have a compliance team for natural person that conduct business activities. If you open a personal account that conduct business - they shut you down more sooner then later.

We have currently many customers using the remote worker visa but doesn't have the possibility for decent business banking. I was told that even the so called high risk EMI have problems with onboarding private accounts.

However keep in mind that the freelance VISA was introduced in 2018 by RAKEZ and till today even the government owned RAKBANK doesn't open accounts for you as a freelancer.

As all the above mentioned people already have the Visa the Dubai Company setup is cheaper but if you go directly with a Dubai Company that grants you the Visa it's much cheaper.

IBKR never asked questions about 6 figure initial funding and even 7 figure after some time. Only requirement they have nowadays is to fund the account with a real bank account - EMI no longer supported.
@Fred where to is UBO (not USA citizen) of freezone company reported with foreign brokers like IBKR? With banks in UAE he is considered local and not reported anywhere, but how about abroad like with IBKR US example? Is he also treated as UAE resident and via CRS/FATCA reported to UAE? Does it help if IBKR has contact office in UAE?

Latest Threads