Our valued sponsor

Offshore investment platform

Hi
I am quite new here and maybe I am out of the scope but I try anyway.

Being a french expat living in China, I am looking for a cost effective offshore investment platform. The important criterias are:
- In a tax haven so no need for complicated tax wrapper.
- In the SEPA zone.
- Lump sum investment.
- Being widely used and flexible to withdraw or change.
- I am more of a passive investor so I won´t make many trades.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers, @Outlander I was thinking of investing mostly in funds, quite passively.

@fshore, yes Interactive brokers came up, the thing I need to clarify is if the investment will grow free of tax. Their custodian is based in the US right? Currently I am in China, I don't intend to live in the US in the future.

Also do they accept money coming from China?

Thanks for your answers, @Outlander I was thinking of investing mostly in funds, quite passively.

@fshore, yes Interactive brokers came up, the thing I need to clarify is if the investment will grow free of tax. Their custodian is based in the US right? Currently I am in China, I don't intend to live in the US in the future.

Also do they accept money coming from China?
The location of the broker doesn't matter, only the location of the funds or stocks matter. Exception is cash in brokerage account.

They they accepts usd wire transfer from China to their US bank account. But you wrote it should be in the SEPA zone, why then?

Reactions: Dal Johansson
Thanks @fshore. On second thought, the location in the SEPA zone is maybe not the most important compared to the cost efficiency of the platform.

So residing in China, there would be no tax on the return?

The only thing that bothers me with Interactive brokers is that I don't intend on trading that much so I'm not sure if it is still the most cost competitive in my case.