Our valued sponsor

Online software dev ~100k USD PM

I think the speed issue is exaggerated. The folk I know who lived there run 100% online businesses and didn't find it that bad.

A lot of East-West Internet traffic routes through NSA...sorry I mean GCHQ....sorry I mean The Gulf.

1652955015320.png

Speed isn't latency.

Speed is how fast you drive your car. Latency is how fast you get in and out of the car.
Speed is the water pressure in your shower. Latency is how long it takes for water to start flowing each time you turn on and off the shower.
Speed is how strong your AC is. Latency is how long it takes to reach your desired temperature.

There are probably better explanations, like Latency vs. Speed — IQrouter

Most people won't notice high latency. It has little to no impact for how most people use the internet. You can live on the ISS and run a half-decent online business. But because latency sensitive issues like screen scraping and proxies were mentioned in the original post, it's something that can make UAE unlivable for some and worth bringing up.

Reactions: Silvio
You can live on the ISS and run a half-decent online business.

I'm not talking about drop shipping widgets. Think pure online such as arb. You really do not want latency or you'll lose money.

There is no one low-latency location. I'm not arbing ads any more but for example in crypto you could not just pick one datacentre location to trade on say Binance, Bittrex and Poloniex with good latency. The Special Theory of Relativity limits you according to physical distance.

Hello, my first post!

I am location independent online software dev with over 100k yearly income (and rapidly increasing) with euro passport currently based in EU(Baltic countries). Initially I was just looking to get Dubai freelance visa and just relocate there and pay 0 tax, but their VPN blocks would make my life too hard as a software dev.

Looking to hear any recommendations to how reduce taxes to 0 or close to it. I'm willing to relocate/open offshore business etc. Thanks, let me know if I can improve my post as I'm relatively new to the forum.
From what I know, your best structure would be: PORTUGAL as a personal residency (it's also pretty easy to get residency by investing some bucks or just moving there and staying there. You'll enjoy very low taxes and awesome sunshine and food and lifestyle)+ CYPRUS for your company =NOT 0% but pretty close. They got treaties so it's a highly advised structure for corporate tax dividends and personal income tax, it's one of the best choices in EU. And it's really easy to do it if you can move.

Since you mention screen scraping, if network latency is a concern, UAE is not the place to be. Bandwidth is OK but peering to for example EU and US can be atrocious so latency is unreliable. Especially if you add a VPN or RDP in between for extra latency. A few hundred milliseconds turn to seconds.

As an EU national, the easiest options are relocation to Malta and Cyprus. No rules there prohibiting VPN. Taxes won't be 0% but quite low.
100% agree and I would also add that I just love how the same people calling the EU a dictatorship in one thread, are pushing everybody to move to an ACTUAL dictatorship (UAE) in another thread.

Latest Threads