Our valued sponsor

Onshore bank account for Cayman Company

1gn1t0r

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
We have an offshore bank account for a Cayman Islands Company. We are running an investment fund.

This might be slightly off-topic, however we would like to open a good onshore bank account for the company.
I am based in Switzerland and we have had a hard time convincing banks.

Would UK (any other ideas?) Banks open an account for a Cayman company?

however we would like to open a good onshore bank account for the company.

What do you consider to be onshore for a Cayman Island company?

Why are you not using Cayman National Bank in Isle of Man? They specifically offer Custody accounts for investment funds. You can also try their Dubai branch. I recommend them as they are unlikely to reject to Cayman Company ;).

Fund Custody

btw do you really want an onshore account in the UK? I mean you will lose out on wealthy resident non-domicile UK investors who cannot remit their offshore money to UK without being taxed :eek:. You want to bank somewhere neutral.

Thanks I just phoned them. They actually wanted to know why a Cayman Islands company would want to bank in Isle of Man. Waiting to hear back.
I have contacted Banco Sabadell as well.

We currently have an offshore bank account, which we would use for offshore money, however some investors are more comfortable with non-offshore banks.
We also have strict AML/KYC and even though we would accept money from offshore, our current main market is Europe.

It does show you how far extreme KYC wise things have gone when a Cayman Island bank branch based in Isle of Man is asking you from the gate why you want to bank a Cayman Islands company with them :rolleyes:.

Reactions: Dubsize
Okay so we had little luck with Banco Sabadell. They said they would contact us back but we have not heard from them. Maybe a personal visit would be better.
Cayman National Bank in Isle of Man was also not interested, however we will try Cayman National Bank in Cayman.

Any other ideas? We are specifically looking for a good bank for a Cayman Islands Company that allows SEPA transfers if possible.

That's worrying if a Caymans Island bank that offers custody services said NO to custodying a Cayman Islands investment fund ca#"!.

Good luck anyway and let us know if you find a solution. You may end up having to approach an EMI at this rate.

Latest Threads